cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring XML files at windows shared folders using receiver file adapter from ALL11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a file to file bypass scenario to transfer some xml files from ALL11 to windows shared folder location, which is not FTP. The windows machine is located in the same landscape, and network team has provided the IP address, port number,login deatils and folder path where files needs to be placed. However, I tried to transfer the files by opting FTP in receiver file adapter and it didn't work.

As per network team shared folder location is  called SMB (Server Message Block) runs on port 445 . below path I have received to place the files.

\\cannes\jubail$\PUBLIC\MANUFACTURING\MAINTENANCE\BEAMEX - SAP

I have tried to change the path structure in unix style forward slash (/) , but in receiver adapter I am getting the below error.

Error when getting an FTP connection from connection pool: com.sap.aii.af.lib.util.concurrent.ResourcePoolException: Unable to create new pooled resource: ConnectException: Connection timed out

Does PI support to transfer files on windows shared folder location? or if any other solution for this please help me.

Thanks,

Farhan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the below .

1)Does shared link mounted on file server ?

2)Does File server installed in windows machine?

3)Does telnet service enabled in receiver File server ?

If the above are fine then check the below

ftp target file server IP

Regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Thanks for your help. Please see the below points to answer you.

1. No, its not mounted
  2. you mean to say shared folder? yes shared folder is on windows server.
  3. you mean to say on shared folder telnet service needs to enabled?

Could you please elaborate the last point regarding loging in PI OS level to make target filer server as ftp.

Regards,

Farhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1)PI can't access shared area or browsers directly right ,so your UNIX or Windows team will mount the share link to a file server .

2)For PI to connect to any system using file adapter ,file server need to be installed in that machine.Ask them to enable telnet service as well after file server installation

3)If the above two are fine i.e you have file server installed in your windows machine and it has shared link mounted on it then check the connectivity as below

login to your PI server at OS level and check the connectivity

ftp hostname/IP of file server that you want to connect.

Regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again Venkat. I have already asked for mounting, but network team is not ready for mounting the shared folder to PI due to security reason, because PI has been placed on DMZ zone.

Regards,

Farhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As above said ,PI can't connect to portals or shared areas directly .Explain them about our limitations .If they come with some kind of tweak from there end to support PI then we can proceed other wise  change the design such that sender system will take care to place in physical file server.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Farhan,

I have developed the similar interface recently.

Is SAP PI is on AIX then you can mount the shared windows drive to SAP PI via Samba tool. thjen you can configure your receiver adapter via NFS

if your network team do not accept for the above solution then the only option you have is activate FTP in the windows driver then configure your receiver adapter as FTP

Cheers

Hidayat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hidayat!

I read this question with great interest.

I think and hope you are talking about Beamex/CMX as I'm also asked to implement an interface for this system.

If my assumptions are correct, can you please tell us a little about what technics you have used? RFCs, BAPIs, FMs or maybe Idocs?

I would really like to have a short recap of what you did as I’m really struggling to get enough documentation/information from Beamex to find my way forward. I appreciate any help you might give.

Regards

Helge

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Frahan,

Use NFS as protocol and try direct path in directory. and also are you able to access same path directly from your PI server if not then mount that first and then try?

Regards

GB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gagan,

Shared folder is not accessible from PI, moreover PI is on UNIX machine and shared folder is on windows machine. both machines are different server in same landscape.

Can we achieve this requirement without mounting the shared folder?

Thanks,

Farhan