cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to print OCR text in Adobe invoice form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have got a requirement to print the customer number and invoice no  as OCR text on the invoice adobe form. 

So, if some one has any idea or might have gone through this scenario, please share your suggestions for the same.

Thanks in advance,   
      Nilesh R Gaikwad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

your description made me confused. What do you mean print OCR texts?

Regards,

Tao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tao,

I have requirement to print Customer no + Invoice no as ORC text on the Adobe form

Could you share your experience regarding it.

Thanks and regards,

Nilesh gaikwad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

that's exactly my question, what do you mean "print OCR text"(or ORC text, you wrote both...)? You mean text that can be recognized by OCR program? Then all the texts in PDF can be recognized...

I don't understand your requirement at all.

Regards,

Tao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tao,

Sorry for confusion , I have requirement to have combination of Customer no + Invoice no as text which will be OCR font format. When the invoice is printed this text should printer in OCR font .

I cannot see the OCR font available in listed fonts in adobe form layout.
how to go forward for this requirement.

Thanks,

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

try to use SAP font OCR-B. If it does not exist in your system, you should get a licenced OCR font (google: OCR font for SAP, likely with cost), and upload it into SAP using transaction SE73. Then you could have it in the listed fonts.

Cheers.

Tao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tao,

Thanks , I checked in SE73 and the OCR-B is available,  But how can I use it in Adobe form because In SFP layout , because it is not in the list of fonts.

Thanks,

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

try to check if you can choose OCR-B in Smartform Layout Designer.

If not, then the font might be corrupt and you must turn to Basis team.

If yes, then it is not a truetype font. And you muss upload a truetype font (.ttf, licenced font, might be with cost) into SAP by SE73. Something like this:

Cheers,

Tao