Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping variable not returning correct value

former_member190536
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I created a variable in the Mapping level (Graphical Mapping) with name Itemlookup, this is not returning the correct value.

This variable is filled with Lookup values and this is

filling correctly with Lookup values, when there is value then I kept the above condition to generate as "No Item Category".

from ItemLookUp there were 2 values returning

1. empty

2. TAN

If I put above condition then ITEM_CATEGROY     is creating only 1 time with "No Item Category" text. the 2nd item is not generating...

If I remove all the condition then it is creating correctly as

1. empty

2. TAN

My requirement to put No "No Item Category" text when empty value came. If I put that then 2nd value itself not creating,, do you know why this?

I tried to put SplitByvalue and other UDF to check empty, etc.. i tried it didn't worked...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sometimes graphical variables do not work as expected. I think they should only be used for single values. When you are passing multiple values, the results get unpredictable.

Regards,

Mark

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184789
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Can u check if this variable is getting populated correctly for your test condition. Also sometimes, variables do not show values during display queue, so pls test in operation mapping is test tab.

former_member190536
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

I tried all those above conditions, but it didn't worked, all those times it is returning the 1st value only... Then I didn't used Mapping variable, I used another time look up then it is returning correct value... No idea why it is returning like that..

former_member184789
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its not clear but I think you should create variable in the segment that contains this ITEM field, so that it can repeat as many times as the ITEM gets populated. Have you created variable at the header level?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can't achieve this with the graphical variable as it can occur maximum 1 time (0-1).

if I understand  your requirement clearly , do this in the following way

BR,

Anirban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Bit confused in understanding your requirement.Can you brief your req with screenshots (screenshot of display of queue of Item Lookup...)

Regards

Venkat