Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing characteristic value in sales order

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement for which I am facing some problem.

A characteristic had a value X and there are some sales orders (app. 2500) having the value as X for that characteristic.

From near future, we are going to disable this value (by hiding/precondition). Also we want to unselect this value in all the SOs which are already having this value.

I tried LSMW but of  no help. It only replaces the entire old configuration with the new configuration. It doesnt help to remove the value of a characteristic. Is there any other way by which I can remove the specific value of the characteristic in multiple sales order through mass execution.

I dont have any other constraint like this characteristic being mandatory or any other thing.

This characteristic is a multi value characteristic.

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveneetha,

Have you tried using tcode-CLMM for mass changes in assignment values. You can refer below SAP help link for details.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/f1/ece8e49d9a11d39dfa0000e8323dfe/frameset.htm

Here you can select the second option 'Set & change values' and select the desired value in 'old value' field and leave blank in 'New value' field.

Regards,

Ravi

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for the tip.

I tried the tool and found an issue for my situation.

If I use the tool, it just removes the particular value for all assignments done earlier. This is done more at characteristic / class level and not at sales order. In this case, none of my earlier sales orders will have this specific value.

I would like to delete this particular value assignment only for a list of specific sales order items.

Is there a way for this.

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Navaneetha,

You should be using the second tab(Target objects) to select your specific sales orders.

Regards,

Ravi

Answers (0)