cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPAU transport imported before patching!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

We have a situation wherein the BASIS team has accidently imported the TR containing all the SPAU adjustment  into one of the systems, before actually doing the HRSP upgrade. Now the system is not allowing to continue with the upgrade and saying that one of the report is in inactive status.

We checked the report program and it says that one of the parameter is missing. This is just one of the object which is in the SPAU transport, which includes many a objects.

Can we anyhow revoke this TR import and its changes? Kindly advise on the resolution.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it a production system?  If not, you could consider restoring from backup from just before the import.  Jelena's right, there is no "undo" for transports -- you either go back to DEV and activate an older version of the objects, creating a new transport to undo the prior one, or you restore from backup.

A SPAU/SPDD transport could indeed potentially have a large number of objects, which would be onerous to revert, not to mention with lots of opportunities for mistakes.  The other consideration is that it would -- temporarily -- undo the work you've done in DEV.

So, unless it's production, restore from backup is the best option.

Regards,

Matt

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

We have this issue in our training system. So we have decided to get the whole system backup from the  development environment. Once done,we can do the upgrade and then move the SPAU transport accordingly

Thank you all for your suggestions.

Regards
Nishant

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nishant, good to know you found a solution. Kindly close the discussion (see this blog), so that others would know it's resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jelena!! I will close this right away

GirieshM
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nishat,

Have you raised a OSS note with SAP. I am not sure whether they take it as a consulting issue nor they can provide you a solution for this.

Pointing Restore can be done but the latest data after the restore time will not exist in the system.

In worst case do a restore and try to re do the changes in the data after restoration time.

Good Luck.

With Regards,

Guruesh M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Giriesh

Yes we have raised it to SAP. We need to come out with a concrete plan, as restoring every object to its previous version is surely a Sisyphean task, as the SPAU TR contains a big number of objects.

Regards
Nishant

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey, you can definitely not revert the changes with a magic button.

once the transport request is imported, the only ways you have:

1.- go back to the earlier version. if it is not many objects, it is possible this way.

2.- restore to before the transport request was imported.

best regards

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks like a major screw-up by the Basis team... I'm not aware of any way to revert a transport other than re-importing the previous version, but like you said there are very many objects, so this could be problematic.

I'll hit the moderator button and ask for this to be moved to Basis forum. In ABAP forum you likely won't get any other response than already given.

gaurab_banerji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

ask basis to give editing control and fix it manually to prevent the error. re-transport SPAU after upgrade.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurab

Thanks for your reply , however if I create that parameter manually also, it will again prompt error somewhere else in the code . And this is just one object among may objects whose modifications were adjusted in SPAU changes. I had done SPAU/SPDD changes for the upgrae in other systems and it has already went to live system. However in this system the Basis pppl have not apllied the supportpack yet, but imported the SPAU transport first.

gaurab_banerji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

did you try using version management to revert back the code and see if it solves the problem?