cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Phone 8.1 application with SMP 3.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Our client is looking for a windows phone 8.1 native/hybrid application using SMP 3.0 Platform.

They are having Siebel CRM as backend system. Client is also having requirement to store huge offline data.

AS SMP 3.0 is very new, I am getting confused which is a best way to create Native/Hybrid application with Windows Phone 8.1 and I am also not sure whether it is feasible or not.

1) Hybrid application with OData : This seems not possible as client is also looking to store huge number of offline data.

2) Native application using GWPA(Gateway Productivity Accelerator😞 In SMP 3.0 SDK, GWPA toolkit is not available for Windows Phone.

Kindly suggest me the best approach to create Hybrid/Native application for Windows Phone 8.1 using SMP 3.0 with huge offline capability.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Mohit Verma

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Odata SDK comes with SMP 3 supports only Android and IOS for now. It supports windows 8 in future.

But still you can develop a windows 8 based mobile app using SMP 3 since Odata is a standard protocol and you can consume the Odata services without the SMP 3 Odata SDK. There are libraries that helps you to consume Odata in your device (HTTP protocol). But you will miss the offline feature comes with SMP 3. You can manage a offline functionality by extending the local storage in mobile.

Midhun VP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

Thanks for your answer. But still I have doubt.

If I am not using SMP 3.0 OData SDK then what is use of SMP? It would be normal native application which will call call OData service using Windows Phone Native API. Correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,

Mohit Verma.

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to use the REST APIs to connect to SMP server that provides you the benefit of SMP. The REST API apps are server based API applications that supports IOS, Android, BB and Windows.

SAP Interview assistant mobile application for windows 8.1 is based on this, SAP Interview Assistant app for Windows in the Windows Store

More information on how to develop REST API apps,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smp303sdk/helpdata/en/7c/0a53e67006101494f5b7c32afa7829/content.htm

Midhun VP

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

andreas_wegmann
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 offline support has been introduced with SMP SDK 3.0 SP07:
http://scn.sap.com/community/mobile/blog/2015/03/13/sap-mobile-sdk-sp07--what-is-new
BR

Andreas

Virinchy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit Verma,

There's is not any support to develop Windows 8 apps in SMP 3 with Kapsel and Odata. But there's a possibility to develop applications targeting windows devices using Cordova (or) UI5 but not kapsel.

Its possible to develop offline applications with Cordova using the Phonegap  Local Storage API and  HTML5 (Please note that the offline capability is very limited though) .

Also please check this thread which refers to a similar queries.