Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macro ID Got changed

emani_raghavendra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have done we changes in development in Macro , like we have added couple of macros to a existing collective macro and transported it to production. After coming in production, we have came to know that none of the users have access to this changed macro. Security team has informed us that Macro ID got changed that's the reason the authorization of this macro is gone now for the users.

My question is Why does the Macro ID Change ? When does it change ? ( we have observed that when description changes there will be no chnage in Macro ID and also when extra macros get added there was no change in Macro ID )

Thanks for your help

Regards,

Emani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emani,

We have faced this issue also once and the reson can be either you have changed the sequence of the key figures in the data view or you have added a new key figure in the existing sequence of the key figures. Please check this and revert.

Regards,

Anil

emani_raghavendra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your inputs.

We have observed that Macro ID go changed when we have imported a macro from one planning book to other in our case,

Thanks

Regards,

Emani Raghavendra

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the macro, it may be in inactive status, any changes to macro will lead to inactive.

once you activate the macro, macro name will come back to normal.

--Kishore

emani_raghavendra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Kishore,

Yes we actiavted the macro after doing chnages and then moved to production. After coming to production , the Macro ID got chnaged

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emani,

Is there by any chance macro sequence changed? As per my understanding the macro ID will be changed if the sequence of the macros in the specified planning book and data view will alter .

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Mukesh Pandey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghavendra,

I am not sure about this, generally we do change the macro directly in the production system.

You bettwe raise an OSS message.

--Kishore