cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content is not allowed in prolog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear PI Experts,

I have encountered an error which says that "Content is not allowed in prolog" when checking the payload. Same configuration and settings (except for the file extension of course) used for xml file and it worked. I tried searching the web and found similar one but still the issue persists. I double checked my interface pattern and it is already Stateless (XI30 - Compatible) which is attached below. The blog that i found is also indicated below.

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/08/16/the-mystery-of-content-is-not-all...

We are using PI 7.40 and the file that we are converting is in CSV and the target is WPUTAB (an iDoc).

Can somebody please share your experience on this one? Thanks much!

Kind regards,

Mark

Message was edited by: Mark Alvin Arca

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

If you are still facing the problem you could follow the blog you mentioned and get rid of it. Since you're using PI 7.4, your configuration must be in ICO. Please remove the SWCV from Interface Mapping (Inbound Processing) step and additionally do a cache refresh. That should do just fine.

Regards

Bibek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bibek,

Thank you for your input. I tried removing the SWCV from Interface Determination and tried refreshing via tcode SXI_CACHE but still the issue exists.

Any further input please? Thanks!

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Sorry for the late reply. Please try deleting and then recreating the ICO. Further please check Integration Directory > Environment > Cache Status Overview. All the cache instances for changes made should be 'Green'.

Apart from the ABAP cahce (Tx : SXI_CACHE) please also perform a Delta / Full Java Cache refresh. (http://<Host>:<Port>/CPACache/refresh?mode=<delta/full>)

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Bibek

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

The problem could came in depending of several factors. If you have checked out the blog, you should to check if you XML payload fit your XML schemas or  the XML payload is not null.

If you are using the Payloadswapbean module, check this note   1861721 - Errors in message split scenarios using PayloadSwapBean

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Iñaki,

Thank you for your time in checking and answering my inquiry. Does XML payload apply if the source is CSV and target is iDoc? I was able to complete the scenario for inbound when using an XML file. The problem and the error message i mentioned above is only showing if the source file is CSV. I have not changed my configurations which i used for XML file except of changing the file extension to CSV.

Thanks in advance for your comment. Please let me know if you need futher screenshots or info.

Kind regards,

Mark

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Use file content conversion to convert a csv file into XML.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mark,

Thank you for your valuable input. I was also thinking that idea and came across the below link related to your suggestion as it is working if it is in XML file type.

http://www.riyaz.net/sap/xipi-file-content-conversion-for-simple-structure/75/

Though i already grasped few idea about how content conversion is made, still i couldn't understand how to populate the fields. Please see below screenshot for the details i configured and kindly comment if I incorrectly populated the fields. I have to admit that I'm really a newbie in PI and I really need the help of the experts like you.

Other fields not shown:

Document Name: my Message Type

Document Namespace: my namespace

Within the communication channel_sender (source tab):

1_Does Server mean the IP address of the sender system (PI)?

2_Port is being defaulted to 21. Normally this is the default if I used File Transfer Protocol. Is this the correct data for this field?

3_Is it fine if I use File System (NFS) instead of File Transfer Protocol?

Thanks in advance for your patience and effort in checking and answering my inquiries.

Kind regards,

Mark

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I'll have get back to you with your FCC config, for now:

Within the communication channel_sender (source tab):

1_Does Server mean the IP address of the sender system (PI)?

2_Port is being defaulted to 21. Normally this is the default if I used File Transfer Protocol. Is this the correct data for this field?

3_Is it fine if I use File System (NFS) instead of File Transfer Protocol?

Thanks in advance for your patience and effort in checking and answering my inquiries.

Kind regards,

Mark

1. Yes, it is the hostname of the sender system. If the hostname can't be resolved, you have to use IP address

2. 21 is the default port for FTP. If the sender specifies otherwise, 21 is used.

3. NFS is the native file system (local) that your XI is installed. FTP on the other hand allows you to transfer files from their server to yours. In your case, you most probably have to use FTP.

Hope this helps,

Mark

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Kindly attach here a sample CSV file so that we could visualize it more.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mark,

Please see screenshot below for your request.

Kind regards,

Mark

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Can you try the config below:

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mark,

I have tried the suggested settings however the CSV file is not being pulled from the folder in PI server.

Please see screenshots for my communication channel configuration:

Kindly guide me if there is settings that i need to change.

Kind regards,

Mark

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

It looks like you should be using NFS since D:\ looks like a local directory. Are you using dual stack?

Regards,

Mark

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Have you checked the communication channel monitoring to find out if any exception has happened in the poll?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mark,

Our PI (XI) is under dual stack but the target system is in ABAP stack. I have tried the same and still the error persists.

Dear Iñaki,

Are you pertaining to test and find out the result in my communication channel? Please clarify. Thanks!

Kind regards,

Mark