cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How see context in WEBI and include in query

former_member201536
Participant
0 Kudos

I have 3 fact tables and 4 dimension tables in universe. My linking is as below.

All dimension tables have foreign keys in fact tables and one dimension table has foreign key in another dimension table.

Because of loops I have created one context for one fact tables that covers the joins of that fact table with the dimension tables.... so far there is no issue.

My context as:

1st context = 1st fact table

2nd context = 2nd fact table

3rd context= 3rd fact table

Now because one dimension table has foreign key in another dimension table there are loops which I don't require... so what I have done is I have created another context with that dimension table to all other fact tables.. So my join is something like this.

4th context is...

one dimension table --> all 3 fact tables.

because of this context there are no loops in my universe.

Now when I use that universe in webi..and I took one 1st fact table.. I can see the joins of only first context but not the joins of 4th context as 4th context has one join to this table...

I am confused and have no clue how to include join of the 4th context in the webi...

Can experts please help me on this.

I hope I explained clearly.. If I need to provide more info please let me know.

Thanks

siva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try creating alias for that dimension table and you are able to see context on webi once you run the query it will ask for which context you want to use?

Thanks,

Shardendu Pandey

former_member201536
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply...

That means for 3 fact tables I need to create 3 aliases?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't say exactly cause i don't know the schema structure of your data foundation.

Try creating aliases for the dimension table for which you have created 4th context and connect it to the fact tables.

former_member4998
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As best practice you should not create aliases for fact tables.

For 4th context is... 

one dimension table --> all 3 fact tables.

so what I have done is I have created another context with that dimension table to all other fact tables.

as suggested by shardendu pandey create

Insted of 4th context ..create three aliases for dimension table and join this tables to 3 fact tables and then include in the

My context as:

1st context = 1st fact table

2nd context = 2nd fact table

3rd context= 3rd fact table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes you can create 3 alias table for the dimension table which you have connected to all the 3 fact tables.

Else please try including the objects of the dimension table which you have connected to all 3 fact tables into the webi query only then it will ask to choose the context to run .

former_member201536
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks thats working...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member4998
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you want see the 4th context while running the WebI Q..you need to include 4th context tables related objects into the WebI Q.

former_member201536
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply... 4th context tables are there in webi and also I am including fileds from 4th context but all joins are not included.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In your universe selection have you checked the following option?

go to universe file..>parameterrs...>SQL...>multiple sql statements for each context.

If it is checked then please uncheck it and try.

This will not generate multiple SQl statements and ask you to select the context while running the query

former_member201536
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.. when I done that in WEBI it is not asking for context and it is not taking any joins.. Please advice me what to do next?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This context applies when you take 2 measures in same DP.

Measure A from Class 1 and Measure B from Another Context  the after unchecking this option it will ask which business scenario you want to go for.

Uncheck the following

1.multiple sql statements for each context.

2.multiple sql statements for each Measure.

former_member201536
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply...

But how can I see contexts on WEBI? Can you guide me.

Thanks for your continous support.

former_member201536
Participant
0 Kudos

I have unchecked all 3 options in SQL tab but still in WEBI there is no prompt for the selection of context.. Confused on how to continue from here..

What I have observed is if I use any column for the dimension table I am able to see the linking in generated query.