cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Provisioning is in Running state for a long time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am on IDM 7.2 , SP7 .I have a strange problem. The Provisioning Job will be running fine and I see the entries getting created and roles getting assigned fine in ABAP system. Suddenly I see lot of values in MXP_PROVISION Table . When I check the entry , it says either 'TRUE', 'FALSE' ,'NULL' or 'Wait for result audit:<some Audit ID>' . When I check the MXP_AUDIT Table with the Audit ID, It says the ProvStatus is 21 , which means Running. When I go the particular Task, it is actually running from past 5 to 6 days. It hasnt processsed a single entry . I do not know what has gone wrong. I will be really thankful if someone could help me on this,

Thanks in Advance

Mohamed Fazil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mohamed,

did you check in the Status-overview in the management console of IdM to see, if that task (or another) is on "Error"-state? You can also stop and re-start tasks there. If it's in Error-state, you should restart it.

Regards,

Steffi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffi,

Thanks for the Reply.

No, Its not in Error State. Its is Running State. Also as you said, if we restart it, its runnign fine for some time before it hangs again. My question is what is making it to stop suddenly ( though the status of the task will be running itself )

regards,

Mohamed Fazil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffi,

Exactly. There are huge number of records in the Provisioning Queue. How do we check if its waiting for another Task? Kindly elaborate on this.

Thanks,

Mohamed Fazil

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You used it already, check for entries with the message "'Wait for result audit:<some Audit ID>" (select * from mxp_provision where msg like 'Wait for%').

If you find an entry, that doesn't point to your known marathon runner of a task, maybe you found the issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffi,

Checked it!! It is waiting for Task ID 601 which is Provisioning in my case. When I checked this Job in MMC, it is running from 13th and still haven't finished yet

Any Idea how do I troubleshoot this issue?

Thanks,

Mohamed Fazil

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmm, you could re-start those dispatcher-services, that are responsible for the provisioning to see if that kickstarts it again.

Normally, when our provisioning queue is just getting more and more entries, but nothing is provisioned, that helps. But I've never seen the tasks being on "running", when that happens. They simply don't start.

But maybe that helps in your case, too. It can't be bad to try it though.

Other than that I have no idea what could help. I'll probably reboot my IdM-server (windows machine), too and the database after that, if the server-reboot didn't fix it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffi,

Superb The Dispatchers were stopped.We restarted the dispatcher services and the whole Provisioning Queue is cleared. many Thanks to you.

Bust just before closing this thread, a quick question to you. A few days earlier, I checked the dispatchers as well, they were running fine and the problem was still there. Should I have had restarted the dispatchers in-spite of them running fine?

Thanks a lot once again for your help I really appreciate your kind help.

Best Regards,

Mohamed Fazil

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm glad had an answer for you. 

Based on past expereince I can recommend a couple of things for you:

1. Make sure that you configure the recovery tab on the Windows service.

2. Use your enterprise Management software (MOM, Unicenter, etc) to stop and restart the dispatcher services every so often.

Matt