Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"SUIM>User>Users by Complex Selection Criteria>by Role" question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Suppose the situation is:

Composite role ZCR contains single role ZSR (profile T-001) . Composite role ZCR assigned to below two users with different expire date (both users are not locked and not expire):
UserA - 01.01.2013
UserB - 01.01.2024

(Case 1) SUIM -> User -> Users by Complex Selection Criteria -> by Role (either specify ZCR or ZSR) the result is:
UserA
UserB

(Case 2) SUIM -> User -> Users by Complex Selection Criteria -> by Profiles (T-001) the result is:
UserB

Is SUIM has error or other assumption on Case 1?   I expected the result is UserB only.

I knew there is program PRGN_COMPRESS_TIMES to remove assignment which have already expire and all the related tables.  Please let me know if the result in case 1 is SAP standard or can be fixed by OSS notes?  Thanks.

Regards,
Donald

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

0 Kudos

Hi Donald,

If the user having validity expired role in his user master SU01, then the expired role can be seen under 'Role' tab in SU01 with 'Valid to' date, but the role relevant profile will be removed from user at the time of role expiration date.

So when you search for users based roles (Case 1), the SUIM lists all users who are assigned to that particular role, irrespective of expired role assignments. So in Case 1, please follow below step for accurate results.

1.  (Case 1) SUIM -> User -> Users by Complex Selection Criteria -> by Role (either specify ZCR or ZSR) the result is:

UserA

UserB

2. Then select all users in SUIM output (UserA & UserB), and click on 'In Accordance with Selection' button. So that you can see the users and the (ZCR) ZSR role 'Valid to' (End Date) date for each user.

By doing second step here, you will get the accurate results. This is how the SUIM works.

Thanks

Sridhar

>point begging removed by Moderator - last warning!<

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Donald,

both are correct.

case 1, for role assignment, you can assign roles with validity date range, so if your selection did not specify a date range then both will return.

case 2, profiles do not have a validity date range option so therefore UserA do not have an active profile for that role and hence did not return in the result.

Regards,

John.

0 Kudos

case 1, for role assignment, you can assign roles with validity date range, so if your selection did not specify a date range then both will return.

Hi John,

Thanks for your reponse.  May I know how to specify a data range in this selection?

Regards,

Donald

0 Kudos

Hi Donald,

a small correction to my initial reply. In SUIM if you are using corss system information/CUA then the user by role feature do provide a selection for validity range. if you are using the standard by complex selection by role then there is no validity selection. you will just need to filter out the range on the result screen.

The key point here is that SUIM by role will give you both active/inactive roles whereas by profile is only the active profile from the active role.

John.

0 Kudos

"a small correction to my initial reply. In SUIM if you are using corss system information/CUA then the user by role feature do provide a selection for validity range..."

Hi John,

In SUIM of our CUA system, cannot find selection of validity range even in all selections.  On the other hand, the columns in result screen is user validiity but not job role assignment validity.

Regards,

Donald

0 Kudos

Hi Donald,

If the user having validity expired role in his user master SU01, then the expired role can be seen under 'Role' tab in SU01 with 'Valid to' date, but the role relevant profile will be removed from user at the time of role expiration date.

So when you search for users based roles (Case 1), the SUIM lists all users who are assigned to that particular role, irrespective of expired role assignments. So in Case 1, please follow below step for accurate results.

1.  (Case 1) SUIM -> User -> Users by Complex Selection Criteria -> by Role (either specify ZCR or ZSR) the result is:

UserA

UserB

2. Then select all users in SUIM output (UserA & UserB), and click on 'In Accordance with Selection' button. So that you can see the users and the (ZCR) ZSR role 'Valid to' (End Date) date for each user.

By doing second step here, you will get the accurate results. This is how the SUIM works.

Thanks

Sridhar

>point begging removed by Moderator - last warning!<