cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about reason for rejections

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear everyone

I have a question about the reason for rejections in sales orders.

There is this field (OLI: source item open again) in the reason for rejection configuration, but

I am not sure what that means.

I saw some people are saying that this is related to CS module (ex. DP90), but I'm still not sure

what this field is used for...

Would you help me on this?

Thank you very much in advance!

Takashi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Takashi,

This is not only used for CS

this indicator plays a role in Resource related Billing which is used in Customer service, Project systems and CO

Basically this is useful for Debit memo request ( DR) using either DP90 ( customer service)  or DP91 ( Project systems)

when you insert Reason for rejection which is activated for OLI flag in Debig memo request, system will allow you to create another Debit memo request which in standard not possible

hope this is useful

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply on this

So with this flag, we can still charge the customer some money for the services (or costs) that we already provided for this sales item?

Kind regards,

Takashi

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear vemuri sir

Thanks a lot For your answer

when you insert Reason for rejection which is activated for OLI flag in Debig memo request, system will allow you to create another Debit memo request which in standard not possible

I would like to know what is use of 2nd Debit memo please try to help me

Thanks a lot .. sorry for Interruption

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi venu,

unlike Sales and Distribution , Customer service and Project systems will create Debit memo for Billing customer for Time and Material Billing scenario

Time and Material is used to Bill for what ever Labor time used and Material consumed in terms of Actual data. So if you have created Debit memo for Labor confirmed time and later for Material

Normally customer will accept, but some cases customers will  ask for consolidated Billing which includes both Time and Material

in that case, you will Update First debit memo with RoR and create a new Debit memo

system will allow for it with that indicator set (OLI)  in RoR configuration

and if there are any corrections required in Debit memo, you will go with second Debit memo

Note:- this scenarios useful for Customer service and Project systems

thanks

santosh

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vemuri sir

thanks a lot For your help ...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I read many topics about this but no one make me sure for this flag what is doing !!!

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this thread where the same topic was discussed

G. Lakshmipathi

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear   Lakshmipathi G sir

Please tell me in which business process we can crate 2 Debit memos For single document please

Tell me i have checked your valuable link but in this i am not able to find Business logic

Thanks a lot sir

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Venu

as you are aware business will create debit memo in case of of less pricing.

Let us take one scenario--the actual cost is 10Rs but you priced only 9Rs on 10th of April in your bill--so debit memo can be raised--at this junction you applied reason for rejection with OLI active..

But government has ordered business(or management has taken a decision)to increase the price from 1st of April to 11Rs..So need to raise one more debit memo will be allowed in this case..

Hope this helps..

Phanikumar

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Phanikumar .. nice explanation

But in this cases we can use Retroactive billing process instead of Debit memo