cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find out the user exit is implemented

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Kindly let me know the process to be followed to find out the User exit is implemented in SAP system.

I have seen many senriors suggestions for some treads to check if there is any Exit is implemented in the process when the system is behaving differently rather standard.

Is it the only way with help of ABAP'er we can find out or the functional consultant also can find out through some procedure?

I tied in google for this doubt, but i could not get the relavant answer.Pleaea execuse me if this already answered.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna/TW,

Thank you for your immediate replies. Sorry i think i have not explained correctly my requirment.

Let me explain my requirement once again.Let us say Comapny has implemented one Exit in the project, now i want to find out what exactly the Exit was implemented.

Example: In STO process user is able to increase the  qty in delivery. As per the client requriement system should not allow.

This is not possible in standard to control even after maintainig  check over delivery field in 0VLP.

For this comapny has already implemented one enahnceament.

User Exit : USER EXIT_READ_DOCUMENT

Program: MV50AFZ1

like this when any one joined in the project we do not know what are all the Exits are implemented in the SAP system where we are working.

So if i want to find out if there is any Exit or enhancement implemented, what is the process to find out?

I hope now  am clear with my requirement.

Thanks in advance.

former_member204407
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Couple of ways are there to check.  One simple solution from functional consultant point of view is first check MODACT table with an input parameter V* against the field "Enhancement", so that system will display all Project names, related to SD.  If couple of Projects names are displayed, copy any Project name, pass in CMOD and click on Display.  Again double click on "Components" so that you will notice couple of exits where you also can see which are implemented in your project and which are not.  Wherever you could see green tick, you can conclude, those exits are implemented.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think SMOD is the way to view all enhancement.

SAP Menu | Tools | ABAP Workbench | Utilities | Enhancements | [SMOD] -

Definition

M.Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir,

Thanks for your answer, i think i was really looking for the above answer which you given,it was really helpful and i checked the process advised, i got many Exits were impleted which i have observed thogh Green right mark symbol.

I have small doubt, below the customer master, you may observe the below pop up warning mesage, This popup i receive in customer master creation and even when we see this in XD02 as well.

As per me this is not a standard behaviour. So have checked as you suggested, have got many projects in which the exits were implemented for different requirements. Regarding this customer master, i could not find the exact relavant one, this is my observation, but i may be wrong also.

Is there any way where we can find out the Exit or Enhancement done for the particular, like the above example of the custoemr master.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ideally the Project naming convention should be relevant to the changes where it would happen.  For example, some changes need to do related to sale orders, then the Project name should be similar to ZSD_ORD, ZSALEORD etc.,  Having said this, in your case since it is customer master, check whether you could see any relevant text.  If not, then you need to take the help of ABAPer.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thank you all,

The above screen shot in which one pop up was showing, and i mentioend it was not a standard behaviour and i was assuming that some exit might have been implemeneted.

Now i got the clarity regarding the same. Thre is no exit implmented for this, from FI side they have done some configuration done to pop up message like this and this will ensure when ever any person do the changes to the customer master then the relavanet perspn has to approve through t code FD08.

So this is standard configuration from FI side, hence i could not find any Exit implemented.

Thanks for all your time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would try the following:

1) Ask the system admin. He/she should be able to give the list of modified z-objects from the list of generated object keys.

2) Look for relevant project documents, i.e. program specs, list of customization/enhancement.

Regards,

Thanes

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

surya,

From my understanding, one has to consult an ABAPer to know for certain if some coding is done in a userexit.

If there is a new requirement, a functional consultant can suggest the program and userexit to be used for coding, to fulfill a particular requirement.

User Exits In Sales Document Processing - System Modifications - SAP Library

As a functional consultant do not worry about userexits (coding etc.) know what is possible in standard, this you will know if you have a good understanding about standard functionality and configurations.

TW

former_member204407
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can follow the below steps:

for your better understanding I have given small example.

1.Finding user exist for VA01

• Execute transaction code VA01
  • Go to System Menu and click on Status
  • Double click on Program (SAPMV45A)
  • Go to Goto Menu and click on Object Directory Entry
  • Copy the Package name (VA)

2.Now execute transaction code SE84

3.Expand Enhancement

4.Expand Customer Exits

5.Double click on Enhancements

6.In right hand side enter the Package name (VA) and execute

7.You will get the relevant user exist for the transaction code.

Hope its helps.

Thanks,

Krishna.