cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARQ: Are "Valid From" and "Valid To" dates are considered for risk analysis???

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have one question w.r.t. risk analysis of user while raising a request in ARQ.

I have noticed that, when a user is assigned 2 conflicting roles in a request (with "Valid From" and "Valid To" fields being the same), ARQ shows risk violations properly.

This is quite logical, because user is assigned conflicting roles within the same dates.

In another scenario, if a user is assigned 2 conflicting roles in a request (with "Valid From" and "Valid To" fields being different)

Example:

Time Administration : Valid From=15.06.2014 and Valid To= 31.12.2014

Payroll Administrator: Valid From=20.06.2014 and Valid To= 31.12.2014

ARA still shows as violations (in ARQ)! Though the "Valid From" dates are different.

Logically, user is not assigned these roles at the same time to cause a risk violations. However, system is showing violations.

May I know if validity dates are considered while performing risk analysis in ARQ? If no, then what could be the justification?

Please advise.

Regards,

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

In your example ARM should display SoD violations.

From 15.06 to 19.06 there are no risk violations but from 20.06 to 31.12.2014 SoD violations will exists.

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rafal,

Thanks for your reply.

Does it mean that all future dates will be considered while analysis?

OR

Does ARA consider these dates?

Regards,

Faisal

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am assuming and concluding that ALL FUTURE DATES WILL BE CONSIDERED while performing risk analysis in ARQ OR while running simulation.

Please correct me, if need be.

Regards,

Faisal

Answers (0)