cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice saved but not released to accounting--> New type of issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

we are facing a strange issue since 3 days. Generally when we save the invoice accounting document gets created automatically. But since 3 days invoice is getting saved and accounting document is not getting created.

We tried to release the accounting document in VF02 but it didnt get released and also didnt show any error msg.

To find the error we tried releasing in VFX3. In VFX3 the invoice got released to accounts and didnt show any error msg.

when we tried to narrow down the scenarios we found the following.

This kind of cases ie invoice getting saved and not released to accounts and again getting released in VFX3 and not giving errors observed are.

1. this happens with a specific sales organization and only one billing type.

2. In the single billing type , it happens only at the time of CST sales.

3. But we observed that no errors in the account assignment analysis in the billing document.

4. CST is also getting credited into respective GL's

5. There are no authorization errors.

Please suggest any solution as it has become a business stoppage issue.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
We tried to release the accounting document in VF02 but it didnt get released and also didnt show any error msg.

I dont think this is possible.  Either the system would have given a information or warning message atleast if not the error message.  Please check once again and share here

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Yes its true that its not getting released and also not giving any error msg or warning msg. We tried to debug with the help of abap'er but still didnt find any reason.

Even when we wre releasing it in VFX3 its just getting released and saved. no error msg is coming.

We also searched for any billing block for that billing document but nothing was there, moreover VAT sales are getting posted using the same billing type but CST sale invoiced are not getting released to accounts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

Yes its a strange issue and once we have faced the same issue.

When we were trying to release the billing doc to accounting then only red line was displaying in the status bar without any error message.

We found that issue was related to pricing

You can see it in Doc flow

You can see it in the condition tab page --> click @ analysis tab page and come back immediately

Just like we are resolving pricing issue. Please check and confirm.

Thank You

BR

MT

vijay_padmaraja
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

I believe your process is completely Add-on. In addition to Mr.Phanikumar's requests, can you please tell us how your Release to accounting program is working? or you are using VFX3 or VF02 as standard practice?

Also do check OVK1, OVK2, OVK3 and OVK4 settings.

Regards

Vijay

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your problem is quite surprising

Let us go one by one...

1.what was the billing type?

2.Is it proforma--but with some configuration issues in VOFA(share the screen shot of VOFA for the problematic bill type)

3.As per you--once when you are releasing through VF02--No message/error--can you see accounting document for this Bill once after releasing(system cannot create accounting for ZERO value)

4.If you are releasing in VF02--then again why it will be visible in VFX3--update us..(RFBSK field in VBRK)

5.You are telling In case of VAT No-problem--CST is the problem--also i was confused by looking at your fourth point(if you are unable to see accounting document--how you came to know that this CST amount is actually sitting in allowed GL??)

6.Is your VAT & CST condition types using different tax codes???(additional Info)

7.do you Have the assignments of revenue account determination for your Bill type in VOFA??

Please update...

Phanikumar

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In billing document,go  to environment->account  determination analysis->revenue accounts then see G/L account is determining or not.

BR's,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i checked all the line items and all GL's are assigned and determined.

0 Kudos

Hello,

please check the Number range & also in FBL5N check as per the bill document,  In layout select the billing document filed and filter it.

Regards

jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please explain me in detail that what should i check in FBL5N. there is no accounting document created i can only see the advances payed by the customer