cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HU routing to Staging area based on destination Storage type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement where I need to route the HUs coming out from same VAS work center to the different staging areas according to the destination storage types.

Say for example,

VAS Workcenter - VAS1

HUs completed out of the VAS1 workcenter should be put away into the destination storage types (RS11, RS12, RS13, RS14) through the staging areas (ST11, ST12, ST13, ST14 respectively)

Any ideas how to achieve this through customizing to route the HUs through relevant staging areas ( VAS1 -> ST11 -> RS11,  VAS1 -> ST12 -> RS12, etc..,)

Rgds

-Shravan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think Faical is describing the proper way, you need LOSC for this. But to clarify: what do you mean with "staging areas" in your example? What type of storage types do you have for "RSxx"? Because when you talk about a movement from a workcenter to a staging area I think of outbound, as the staging area would be the goods issue zone in that case. And the only other bins which would come after that would be bins representing doors.

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to everyone for your response.

Regarding Juergen's questions, here I am talking about the inbound process

• RSXX are final storage types, where the materials will be finally put away
  • Staging area(work center) is used for inbound where we consolidate the materials going to same storage type (building), to the one trolley

The product put away WT is created when we complete the HU in the staging area workcenter (Final step IBS1 in the process), so we are not able to know to which storage type the product will be moved, until the HU is completed in the staging work center.

Rgds

Shravan

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

still you should not call this staging area, as this has a very different meaning in EWM. This is how you confuse consultants and get wrong processes into your system.

And for what you want to do LOSC is the right way.

Brgds

Juergen

former_member600986
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the easiest way will be to use LOSC.  Have the HU go through an intermediate Bin before it reaches the final storage type.  LOSC has both source and destination as a deciding factor of where to move the HU if you are moving from source to destination STYPE.

Hope this helps.

Faical

former_member193471
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You have to define multiple Storage Processes, Warehouse Process Types. Then you need to be assign Storage Processes to Warehouse Process Type Respectively.

Define, Warehouse Process Determination Indicators and Maintain the respective Warehouse Process determination Indicators to your product Master.

Regards,

Sathish