cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD configuration for mixed environments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

i have one question related to mix environment SLD configuration.

Following Scenario:

We plan to setup a shared server hardware for the test and quality systems, that means the test- and the quality SRM/ERP system running on the same hardware.

The XI system is a single installation which plays both rules (TEST and QA). The client configuration in the Test SRM (EBP 010/CCM 050) system is equal to the QA system. The same as for the SRM system (010).

When i try to implement a additional Technical system for QA (QR3 on Server01) to the existing for Test (AR3 on Server01) i receive following Error "Application server with instance number 01 already exists on server Server01. Please enter a different hostname or instance number.".

When i try to implement a additional Business System for QA (BTS_ERP_QA) to the existing for Test (BTS_ERP) i receive following Error "The selected client already has a business system. Select a different client or system.".

As a summery i would assume the only possibility to setup a mixed environment on a single server hardware is to configure the QA environment for SRM and ERP in different clients to the Test client configuration.

Do you agree! Do you thing there additional options?

Many thanks in advanced!

Regards,

Jochen

Message was edited by:

Jochen Schertel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

if you use one XI for dev and test

it will be difficult to maintain

as for every scenario you will either have to recreate the whole directory

or create additional routings

in both ways it will be difficult to maintan so I'd suggest one XI per one landscape

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

many thanks for your answer and nice to write with you again!

By the way, last Saturday I got your Book. "Mastering IDoc Business Scenarios with SAP XI". Great Stuff!

Back to the SLD configuration. Yes we talking about SLD and not SID, excuse me the mistake

Michal, yes you are right and I assumed too that the mix is not easy to handle.

But this was not a expert decision, this was a financial decision!

We talking about TEST and QA (Quality).

I understand that a simple (export/import for IR and ID) transport from DEV to TEST and DEV to QA is not possible. I cannot use two equal software component versions for TEST and QA at IR. Similar for the configuration scenario in the Integration Directory. So, a lot of manually modifications there required.

On the SLD setup, do you agree that i have to choose different clients e.g. for SRM at TEST and QA?

Again many Thanks!

Jochen

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jochen,

you can associate only one tech system to a single physical host and one business system to a single tech system.......

<i>As a summery i would assume the only possibility to setup a mixed environment on a single server hardware is to configure the QA environment for SRM and ERP in different clients to the Test client configuration.</i> - Yes, QA needs to be configured separately from Test then only you will separte host clients for Test and QA....

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are talking about the SLD configuration if I am correct .

In that case each client of the system can be treated as Technical system but only one Tech system can be defined for the client.o map this client one BS is created .

In yr case i guess you already have a TS and BS but u are trying o recreate it on the same client

Regards,