Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Milestone billing without sales Order

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a requirement to use SAP PS to produce a material and be used in the same company or the sister companies.

The project will be only for OPEX cost. They have requested us to do by milestone billing as the fund will be paid at intervals, but there is no sales order.

Is there a possibility to bill the milestone assigned to the WBS element at intervals ?

I have tried to search online, but couldn't get whether this is possible or not.

Appreciate your reply, whether this is possible with our SAP System.

Thanks

Terence

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivasan_desingh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

You can do milestone billing without sales order.

1. Create planning profile and assign revenue element in"revenue element for billing plan" (Transaction OPSB). Do not check 'Automatic Revenue planning from sales order'

2. Configure Billing plan settings for WBS Element in SPRO. Also you can assign a default billing plan here.

3. Create billing plan for WBS Element from CJ20N. Select the WBS Element and click Ctrl+F5.

4. Once the milestone is achieved you can do milestone billing from FI ( not from sales order)

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks

Regards

Srinivasan Desingh

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Thanks for your reply, this was much helpful for me to move forward.

Additionally i have some questions on moving forward.

1. I have created the planning profile and assigned the revenue element for billing.

2. I have configured the billing plan settings...

3. Created the billing plan and achieved the milestone actual date...

4. On the FI side, where we will be using milestone to bill it, i mean there is any transaction or is it some thing to do the posting FB01 / FB60 etc.

Thanks

Terence

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Additionally is there any supporting scenarios in SAP online, so i can refer for further information.

Thanks

Terence

srinivasan_desingh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

You have to use transaction FB70 for customer billing. You can make it automatic by triggering events from milestone and you can achieve this by using ABAP codes.

Eg: Once the milestone is achieved, trigger a customer billing for that billing line item.

Thanks

Regards

Srinivasan Desingh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

Is this billing within a company allowed? Ask this question to Finance team, ask them to show accounting entries for this.

Whether system support this type of transaction or not is a different matter. You can do anything in SAP, may be you can build a custom module pool itself if standard does not support.  But, it should be logically acceptable to every other stake hoder in the company.

Regards,

Gireesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use STO process. for this you need to maintain the  "Material XYZ" at two different plants. The crux of material set up here is maintaining the "Delivery Plant" from where material is being discharged/delivered. Also on the MRP 4 table you need to maintain ICI (Individual collective indicator) as 1 since this is either project or sales order stock material. Please dicuss with your MM consultant to set up test material and perform tests in development system.

Thanks,

Sudhakar

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Maria,

Can't you achieve the almost same process using  Inter company/Intra company STO (stock transfer Order)? As shown in the link below:

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/profile/Intercompany+Business+Processing?original_fqdn=wiki.sdn...

Cross-Company Stock Transfer - Managing Special Stocks (MM-IM) - SAP Library

Create STO (ME21N) -> Delivery -> Picking -> Billing.

For Billing with milestones from project with no SD, I am not sure whether it can be done.

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Maria,

As per my understanding you cant do such kind of process without Sale Order,.....first you have to assign a milestone in your project.......and then based on your milestone respective amount will be resealed and you will get the amount. There is one option available in FI called as advanced payment.

regards,

PM