cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

storage unit labels along with pallet labels in wm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

could you please explain how to generate storage unit label along with pallet label in wm. for example if 1pallet contains 4 boxes and each box will have20 bottles then we need to print pallet label for 4boxes and unit label for each box with 20 bottles information.

Thanks

Regards,

Pavan Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want your SUs to be generated for every box than your BOX should be first in palletization data in WM 2 view. It is not by the book but you can define SUT 1 as lower qty SUT and the system will split qty to BOXes by default/automatically.
For print controls, you can use OMLV t-code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

What is the base uom for the material. Assuming bottles is the base UoM then you can go ahead with maintaining only LE qty1 in the WM view.

Conversion can  be :
20 bottles = 1 box
1 PAL = 4 boxes

Wm view maintenance:
Base UOM --> bottles
WM unit --> PAL
LEqty 1 = 4 Box

Now using LQUA-VERME/GESME you can fetch total packed qty in base unit. Assuming sometimes a pallet may be packed for more/less than the LE qty i.e. 4 boxes
Convert the total stock in Base UOM to WM unit

Therefore 40 bottles will be 2 boxes and 2 unit labels will be required to be printed. Function module MD_CONVERT_MATERIAL_UNIT can be used to find out the conversion for a material. This way your logic will be flexible even if your stock figures in pallet get changed.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Kriti Rastogi

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Based on your requirement and as far as standard SAP are concern there is no form which will help to generate the label in the above format. You need to take the help from development team who can design the format using SMARTFORM functionality as per your requirement. once the form is ready you can assign the print code and the SU lable form to below mentioned node. which will print the label on the printer specified

SPRO ---LE---WM ---Storage unit ---Define print control

additionally have a look on the below mentioned SAP standard link which will give you an idea about the printing of SU

Printing SU Documents Manually - Warehouse Management System (WMS) - SAP Library

Let me know if you need any further information

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manish Kumar,

Thanks for your reply, yes we need to develop zprogram to print unitary(storage unit) labels but to generate the number of labels for boxes we need to treat box as a smaller pallet. for this i'm thinking to use loading equipment quantity field2 for palletization data for example: 12 bottles/box.

i'm thinking to use palletization data as below to print the pallet label and unit labels.

1. loading equipment quantity1: 4 box/IP--> for main palletization

2. loading equipment quantity2: 12 bottles/box--> for smaller palletization.

could you please confirm or suggest me if any other approach available.

Thanks

Regards,

Pavan

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

You are absolutely right, you can manage the way as you described. con of this method is when there is less then 12 bottle are in Box, this will not give right result as the value is static in WM2 view so read the data from transactional table

In my view you should do something like this

Define "Box" WM unit of measure and define conversion in the material master (Additional data, Unit of measure)

1 Box            = 1 Box

12 Bottle       = 1 Box

in the WM1 view define

Box  as WM unit of measure

in the WM2 view define

4 Box / IP

and your label program should be able to read the UoM from the TO and accordingly explore the conversion and print the label (In this method you will read the data from Transfer order hence if any box is having less then 12 bottle your program will take care)

Hope this helps