cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning CCATS to Products for OFAC License

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are setting up licenses for shipments against an OFAC license and have CCAT numbers assigned for all products that are shippable under license.  We would like to assign, in master data, the CCAT to the product master.  Then, we would like to set up the license to check for the CCAT number for each product as part of license determination during the order and shipment processes.

I have seen blogs for and against using the peculiarity code for CCAT mapping.  Has anyone solved this issue?  And, if yes, how did you configure and manage this license?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member

Hi Carolyn, not so straight forward topic; I didn't find any out of the box solution from GTS.

So far I understood thet EAR allows to export goods classified 5A002* or 5D002* etc (see the US CFR part 740-17...) under a license exception coded "ENC" (encryption) providing some provision on recipients and country of destination AND a request to make reports one or two times a year per CCATS code, BIS has assigned to those exported goods.

Remarks:

-Choice of solution can depend on volumetrics and/or willingness of automation:

-As a pre-requisite: clarify the license detrmination steps in the export flows, if you can isolate the CCATS "license determination" as a clear step where you export under license exception ENC and have to report per CCTAS code your shipments ... you may chose between the following:

1- some experienced guys, after some projects, have told me that they would have choosen a z-solution: with a table of product and CCATS codes, and with a post processing of all exports done to figure out the requested reports for BIS; rather than

2-using GTS features: product classification using the Peculiarity code as an additional code for products, management of 'license' for each CCATS wearing the CCATS code with the 'ENC' info for printing on shipment documents, the same CCATS licenses will then collect relevant sales documents, and ease the reporting of the assigned documents to the CCATS licenses.

sol.2 is fully integrated in GTS but need more work, Sol.1 is simpler, even simplist, but works with many less efforts

Hope it is clear, Thanks, all the best