cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database Software Change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is it possible to get an additional database software pack from SAP when you change the operating system that is running on the server? we were running Solaris 9 and the database software is Oracle. we now want to change to Windows operating system and maintain the same database. how can i order the database software and are there any additional charges?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

In your case you have to contact SAP (or your vendor). You can find the information of the contact person in the letter you received with the old software (Unix and Oracle).

Then you can ask them for a new installation box for Windows and Oracle. They will send you the box with the new software so you can perform the installation and register your new system with new hw.

I dont remember if I had additional charges for the new software but I dont think so since you are migrating your original hardware to another one.

Hope it helps you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This falls under OS/DB migration concept or heterogeneous system copy

For OS/DB migration, SAP recommends SAP-certified consultant to perform.. Only with his/her id, the migration key can be obtained and access to migration tools..

If you are choosing DB specified tools then DB vendor will be solely responsible for certification..

Regards

Madhu

vincentlim826
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since the operating system is difference, then you should perform heterogenuos system copy to Windows Environment.

If you want additional software, you can request, by log a ticket to SAP Global Support under component XX-SER-SWFL-SHIP to be shipped to you.

Regards,

Vincent