cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPMON Alerts Detail Info - how to switch to use TRUSTED RFC ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

we have configured BPMON for our customer and it works fine, alerts are flowing in.

Now the users start using it and they complain about having a logon prompt popup every time the hit "Detail info" button to jump into satellite system to see alert details. It's very annoying when they need to check many alerts simultaneously.

So I investigated and found that the function is using LOGIN type RFC for the logon and it seems that SAP designed it to work this way, as SAP's own DEMO shows same thing.

Question: Is there a legitimate way to make BPMON function use TRUSTED RFC to show alert details instead of LOGIN RFC ?

By "legitimate" I mean, I know the LOGIN RFC can be "adjusted" to behave like TRUSTED, but that is not "legal" fix especially in production.

Appreciate any comments.

Thanks

Elena

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elena

I assume you are using Login RFC in SolMan setup.

If you switch current RFC to Trusted RFC, if the user has Trusted RFC profile and same user exist in both system, user can use trusted connection.

Please go to transaction SolMan setup, and side bar menu managed system configuration and open managed config screen to target system. In the 3 rd step of the wizard, there is a place to configure RFC.

In case if BPMon, Read RFC is used for data collection(as of SAP TMW is used instead of READ).

And then there are 3 RFC TMW, Trusted and last one(RFC for Solution manager).

When you press the detail info button, last RFC is used. To this RFC type, you can assign RFC Login( this will ask login screen by default) or Trused RFC. I think you assin RFC login right now. That's why you have popup.

If you switch this to Trused one, Trused RFC is used.

Best Regards

Keiji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keiji,

you are absolutely right, we have LOGIN RFC setup for Solution manager.

I just swiched it to TRUSTED and no more logon prompts appear.

Thank you so much for you quick response.

Elena

Answers (0)