cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Comparison terms in SAP SPL screening process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru's

Can you please help me understand the importance of Comparison Index as part of SPL screening . I have gone through couple files , it looks I am not able understand base meaning of comparison terms .

Can you please help me by explaining in very simple words .

Thank you

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can you please help me understand the importance of Comparison Index as part of SPL screening . I have gone through couple files , it looks I am not able understand base meaning of comparison terms .

Can you please help me by explaining in very simple words .

And also need your help in understanding the concept of  positive list and negative list

i.e whether we need to maintain this list manually or System automatically create this list based on history of release blocks .

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

The real meaning of Comparison index is clear from the word itself. Basically, it serves the purpose of getting the search terms to be indexed from the SPL lists for their comparison against the Possible Business Partner data coming across from the Feeder system end ( but after refining them further with the removal of aliases,phonetic terms etc at the GTS system end) . Basically, this helps in quicker search for the possible hits based on an index as it the case when we search for a particular page in a book based on an index.

Positive list is all about placing a Particular partner as an exception to always remain unblock in the system to carry out transactions despite the factor that it will be blocked by the system in normal SPL check . This is sort of exclusion list for getting rid of SPL blocks for a partner.

Negative list is all about placing a Particular partner as an exception to always remain blocked in the system despite the factor that it remains fine with the system in normal SPL check. This is sort of  a list for always making sure that a business partner is always blocked even if it goes unblocked with normal SPL check.

The above two lists needs to be maintained manually by a system owner with appropriate reason for such an action. Also, keep in mind that such lists will not be valid , once a SPL check is run again for the business partners. Then again you need to maintain such lists from begining.

I hope you got it now.

Regards,

Aman