cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Career in SAP with no proir experience in ERP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I am BS(Computer science) with 2 years of software development experience in J2EE. Although I do not have any experience with ERP or CRM or Supply Chain Management but whenever I heard people talking about ERP & CRM I really get excited.

So I have decided to move my career towards SAP. Furthermore, I am in Pakistan & Siemens offers some SAP certifications which are :

<a href="http://www.siemens.com/index.jsp?sdc_p=c135fi1175331lmno1397033pst15uz3&sdc_sid=8060024212&">http://www.siemens.com/index.jsp?sdc_p=c135fi1175331lmno1397033pst15uz3&sdc_sid=8060024212&</a>

After some initial research I found out that SAP in Pakistan is adopted by Manufacturing industry therefore I believe that Siemens Pakistan would be good in ERP- SD training than any other SAP CRM or anything like that.

What do you recommend that how do I start my career in SAP? Either as functional i.e.ERP-SD or technical i.e. Netweaver or ABAP.

Waiting for your helpful answers.

Regards,

Hashir Ahmed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hashir,

Looking at your background i.e. J2EE..........it is good for you to either get into ABAP or Netweaver.

Being a functional consultant i.e. SAP-SD requires some business process knowledge or experience. that is you should be aware of sales and distribution processes like for example what a sales cycle is?

So, my suggestion for you is to move into technical side in which you gained some experience rather than moving into a completely new area.

Reward if helps

Regards

Sai

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks Sai & Vinay.

Yes my experience is with J2EE but I'm ready to let go that.

Furthermore, I am more interested in functional role besides that I am not impatient nor looking for an easy route, Netweaver would be easier for me but do you see some one like me obtaining a good position in ERP-SD with on job training(after certification)?

Furthermore, what is exactly the role of person with Netweaver knowledge? Can I move from Netweaver to functional role if I even start from Netweaver & doing so would benefit me?

Regards,

Hashir Ahmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hasir,

Q) what is exactly the role of person with Netweaver knowledge?

A) The role of the person is to implement the projects with his Netweaver Knowledge and sometimes he needs to support to the projects in which he implemented.

Q) Can I move from Netweaver to functional role if I even start from Netweaver & doing so would benefit me?

A) By doing things in Netweaver technlogies, you will get acquainted to Business process and it will helps you to mould your career to a functional consultant. To get expertise in functional role, he needs to have lot of experience.

Thanks,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hashir,

Welcome to SDN and SAP World too.

As your profile more suits for you as Technical Consultant. You can learn Netweaver technologies. Enterprise Portal is a technology on Netweaver Stack and the people who are experienced in J2EE technologies can learn Webdynpros on Java in Enterprise Portal and Webdynpros professionals are very few now and its hot too in market.

ALL THE BEST

Thanks,

Vinay