cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Personas be integrated in GUI for Windows?

former_member207587
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi togehter,

we - as IT department - presented Personas to our colleagues. The main question was, wether Screen Personas will be integrated to the "normals" SAP GUI (for Windows) in the future. There are some concers using SAP in a browser.

Are there any plans of SAP to integrate it into the GUI for Windows?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

According to comment on my blog here - SAP Screen Personas at SapphireNOW - this is something they are looking at for the future, but of course SAP make no promises about future functionality and when/if it might be delivered. If this functionality does arrive it isn't likely to to be soon.

What are your concerns about delivering SAPgui functionality via a browser?

Steve.

former_member207587
Participant
0 Kudos

I - as a representative of the it department - have no concerns about using SAP in a browser. But that was the answer of the colleagues at the customer center. As they said, for their work an "additional" system is not suitable. It's not my task to argue against this.

PeterSpielvogel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

On additional advantage of moving employees to the browser, independent of whether they use Personas or not, is that it makes it easier for IT to migrate certain components to the cloud. Once in the browser, users are not aware of whether the solution on the other side is on-premise or cloud-based.

Thank you Steve for referencing our roadmap statement with the proper caveats about planned future functionality.

Answers (0)