cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Record working times with CATS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I am a beginner and I really need your help regarding this point. we want to start recording working times in our PPM system. In our system we have the integration of our  ERP system with CATS. We can easily registrate in ERP  working time on each personnel number, on a specific cost center for cProjects, on activity type special defined for each role. We also transfer this costs with resources to controlling - so, in ERP system everything works fine.

But, when I go to PPM system - I'm lost. all that I maintained on ERP system is available on Accounting Tab in Detail Data -which is good. But, I am not able to see the confirmed work on task level, tab "Dates and work" (see screenshot attached). Do I miss some customizing? or how should I proceed in order that this field "confirmed work" to be filled with the data registrated on ERP?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

Ruxandra P.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hanspeterbaier
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ruxandra!

As Ravi said the last step to get the confirmed work back to the PPM system you have to run the report "DPR_CATS_CPR_TRANSF". This reports transfers the CATS-Data to table DPR_CONF_LI of your PPM system. You can have a look to DPR_CONF_LI if any data was transferred in the past.

Only after doing this the field "confirmed work" will be filled with CATS data. In DPR_CONF_LI the actual work effort is stored in seconds and will be converted to the customized PPM unit (in your screenshot => hours)

In addition the field "actual start date" will be filled with the earliest (start) date CATS data was recorded. So you don't have to fill this field manually (but you can still do).

Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hans/Ravi,

Thank you very much for your reply. I am sure that your response is the good one - and very helpful. But, I have to admit that I never run a report in SAP. I find the report has to be run in trasaction se38 - I entered the project number but I do not now which parameter to choose.

I also had a look to table DPR_CONF_LI in transaction se16 but I do not know what fields I have to complete here.

I also clicked on execute with no selection and I had this screen below. I am confuse here but with your help I understand that in column ACT_WORK_EFORT I have the seconds.

Still, the confirmed work field is not completed. could you ples guide me how to continue next?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

Ruxandra.

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ruxandra,

You need to untick the 'Test' parameter when executing the report "DPR_CATS_CPR_TRANSF" to update the PPM table.

This test mode is meant to view the data that are getting transferred to PPM tables.

Regards,

Ravi

hanspeterbaier
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ruxandra!

What you did isn't bad at all 🙂

The selection screen respectively your screenshot of DPR_CATS_CPR_TRANSF shows the right settings. These are also the default settings. "Reconstruct" should only be set if the whole DPR_CONF_LI should be build new or inconsistencies exists. For normal reasons you don't need this selection parameter.

For productive processing you have to de-select the "Test" checkbox. Afterwards the confirmed CATS data (from table CATSDB) for you project Q1000000265 are transferred to PPM (to the tasks).

Sorry for being not quite clear: For me it was interesting if you have any entries in DPR_CONF_LI. With your screenshots you showed me, that there are entries. So I suppose that someone has executed the report "DPR_CATS_CPR_TRANSF" in the past.

Please try again with "Test" unchecked and tell us your result 🙂

regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hans-Peter,

I am actually working on the same subject and your replies helped me a lot.

But in my system I have nothing appearing when I execute the program.

Do I have to make something special in CATS or in the projects ?

Many thanks in advance for your reply,

Best,

Cassoké

hanspeterbaier
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Cassoké,

have you enabled CATS-integration with cProjects in customizing?

1) Customizing CATS-Integration for your project type in PPM

Checkbox "Time/Travel Expenses Rec. CATS/SRM/FIN". Setting up "Accounting Integration".

2) Customizing CATS-Integration from CATS-profile-customizing

For your CATS Data Entry Profil you have to select the Checkbox "From Project Assignment" to get your worklist populated from cProjects (task is released, person assigned to task, etc...)

3) Only entries with status '30' from CATSDB will be transferred to DPR_CONF_LI by the report "DPR_CATS_CPR_TRANSF"

4) And of course, don't forget to uncheck "Test" 🙂 when running "DPR_CATS_CPR_TRANSF".

regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Firstly I thank you for your reply, I really appreciated that you take the time to do so.

I followed all the steps you gave me but in my Cats data entry profile I don't have all the choices that you have as you can see on this screenshot :

Do you know why ?

Many thanks in advance for your reply,

Best,

Cassoké

hanspeterbaier
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Cassoké,

it seems that you have tried to do this changes in your personal CATS profile settings. But the option for the cProjects worklist is located in customizing (SPRO) of your CATS data entry profile. I did the screenshot from customizing.

Please try again to change the customizing parameter of the CATS data entry profile in SPRO.

regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

Yes I realized my mistake. I did the customizing but we still have nothing.

I can't explain why this program does not work.

There is our advancement :

1. We allowed time confirmation for projects

2. We eplicated personal number as business partners

3. We activated worklists and project assignments @ data entry profiles

4. We set up ALE & RFC connections

5. we activated the integration scenarios on WBS element : automatic and  manual creation of WBS element assigned to PPM elements.

Then we set up data profiles for time recording in cat2.

We enter times, we released it (approval is not required) + saving

But despite all these steps we have nothing in the program.

Do you have any others ideas ?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Best,

Cassoké

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Cassoke,

There are 2 contexts discussed in this thread.. one on CATS data integration and the other is related complete CATS integration with PPM.

It is better to create a separate thread for complete CATS integration since it will help the community to search in a better way..based on these contexts.

Otherwise they may miss out such discussions which stays in the bottom of the thread.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your reply.

Ok I will ask a new question.

Best,

Cassoké

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ruxandra,

Have you run the report 'DPR_CATS_CPR_TRANSF' to transfer the details from CATS to PPM?

Regards,

Ravi