Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

way to get list of all the IDs maintained in various connections

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm not sure whether this is the right forum to discuss this issue,if its not, please redirect me to the right group.

I'm stuck in a place in my project where the requirement is to implement some security parameter related to dialog IDs, mainly the following:

1.) Password rules (viz, uppercase, lowercase, etc etc.)

2.) Password change on next Dialog log-on

3.) Expiry of Dialog IDs not logging into the system for more than 90 days.

Now, the catch comes here!!.

I work in SolMan security and we have around 65 managed systems connected with it. Hence there could be many RFCs, many background jobs,

many Batch Jobs, some JCo connections (and others which I might have missed here since I'm not a Basis guy).

There are high chances that we could have at-least one Dialog ID maintained in any of these connections which is destined to fail after the implementation of these security parameters and we want to eliminate this risk by doing a impact analysis in DEV before doing it in PROD as the risk is high and the consequences are critical

Now what I'm unable to find here is a exhaustive list of user IDs (all types) maintained in these connections so that I can segregate out the dialog ones from them and highlight the risk areas. However, i'm unable to find any table or any other method which could provide me, if not 100%, a fair glimpse of the IDs maintained in RFCs and background Jobs. I sought help from my Basis team also, however, they are saying it would be a cumbersome task in looking out for details of each connection manually and they know no other way to do it.

Any help on the ways out would be highly appreciated. Do let me know if I have missed out something in explaining the scenario.

Thanks,

Deepanshu

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys..

can anyone look at the above request and suggest..

Thanks,

Deepanshu

0 Kudos

Dear Deepanshu,

I am not well versed about dialog user usage in RFC connectors, but is it that way, my understanding is for RFC and JCO you should have non-dialog user to work.

BR,

Mangesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should find the tables rfcdes, tbtcp useful to get the list of userid's the rfc connections and the batch jobs definitions are using.

0 Kudos

Correct, if you open SE16, display table RFCDES you see a list of defined RFC destinations.

The field RFCOPTIONS gives a list of the attributes. You will see something like:

H=....,S=..,M=...,U=xxxxx

These contain the attributes of the RFC destinations

H: Host

S: Instance ID

M: Client

U: the user ID used in the RFC destination. So here you would find the required User ID.