cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Labels based on User ID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is it possible to trigger Label Printer to print HU label based on User ID?

We hae a scenario where , need to trogger label print based on user ID in /SCWM/PRHU6 - Create Condition Records for Printing (HUs)

Can we create condition table having user id?

Else is it possble via schedule conditionor any other way ?

Thanks

Saby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193471
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sabyasachi,

You can add new few field as User to the Field Catalog. And Build your own Condition Table Including User. Then Build Access Sequence, Assign to Condition Type, Include this condition type in Determination Procedure.

Create the Condition record using the User and assign the printer. You can do this way. Hope, This is the same you are expecting also . I mean, Your expected way works fine.

Other alternative is,

You can assign the LOCL as Default printer. which looks default printer in User Master Data. You need to maintain the printer for each user profile in using SU3 Settings(User can do) or SU01(Basis will do), you can assign the printer in Defaults Tab under Output Device field.

Let me know, If this resolves the issue

Regards,
Sathish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish,

Thanks for the answer. Even before posting the query, I have added a field catalog called user and did necessary condition table and condition type settings. Maintained PPF , but print is not triggered  as condition is not getting fulfilled (checked in (SLG1).  DO we need to use any badi/ exit to pass user ID to the Z field else how how system will know that User ID is to be used in Z field created in field catalog?

Thanks 

Former Member
0 Kudos

ANy Idea Guys,

I have  created a Field Catalog Z_SYNAME and condition table using WH Number, PackMat Type, User Name and HU Step. PPF not triggering any print. Condition record not fulfilled in SLG1.

Using ction defination HU_LABEL_GENERAL_AND_RF.

Any clue? do we need ti use any badi ?

Saby

former_member600986
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sounds like your new field is not getting fed any data.  you need to enhance the standard PPF Print HU Badi and ensure you are passing the user ID in the Badi it self.  Ask a technical person to assist you debug it to be sure that is the issue,   But from the sound of it i am pretty sure that;s your issue.

Hope this helps,

Faical

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got it ..

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

You can define your own custom condition tables with own fields. Then you need to implement lots of logic.

Maybe it's a better approach to use Workcenter which are already available in the condition table.

Instead of defining user1, user2 takes smartform A and printer B, user3 takes smatform X and printer Y.

You can define user1 and user2 has to use Workcenter1, user3 has to use Workcenter2.

In the condition table you can define Workcenter1 use smartform A and printer B, Workcenter2 use smartform X and printer Y.

regards,

Harald