Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equipment - Class Characteristics restriction

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to get some insight and the way of proceeding further for the below requirement. We have two characteristics defined in CT04 for Equipment - Manufacturer and Model Number.

Example

Manufacturer can have values like ABC, XYZ, JUO.....

Model Number can have values like 123 Model, 124 Model, 125 Model. 126 Model

My first requirement is - I need to have defined the Manufacturer and Model Number in tables, and refer that custom table in CT04 (I think I can use value check against table) option. Is this is the correct way?

My second req is - For example if I choose ABC from Manufacturer then only 125 Model and 126 Model should show up on Model Number Characteristic - how to achieve this? I have given an example of values here, but in runtime it could be dynamic, so not sure how to write Dependancy here

Any help is much appreciated!

Regards,

Justin.          

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Justin,

For your first requirement - Yes, you can use the option check against table but only drawback here is that the table you are referring should have one primary key and not more than that(Check this).

Second requirement - If you have two characteristics for manufacturer & model, then this not possible. Instead you can have one characteristic for both and maintain model numbers as sub-characteristic values for each of the manufacturer value.

Regards,

Ravi