cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP LDAP report RSLDAPSYNC_USER not displaying the user after execution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing an issue regarding the SAP LDAP connection. I have configured 'LDAP' and 'LDAPMAP' transaction perfectly. The LDAP server is green with valid logon credentials and password of the user SAP_LDAP created in MS Active directory server (including distinguished name, host-name etc.). Yet while executing the ABAP report RSLDAPSYNC_USER, I am not getting the result I want.

That is, firstly, I cannot see the test user 'SAPSSOTEST1' created in active directory in the concluding screen for the mentioned ABAP report in SE38.

Secondly, when I go to SU01 in the SAP Solution Manager server (also contains the CUA and LDAP server), I cannot see the display of the user. It gives me the message that 'user SAPSSOTEST1 does not exist. Kindly help me out here. Its really urgent for me as this issue has been dragging for quite some time.

Alternative, please suggest me If I should set the parameter ldap/autoregister=1 in default profile?

Also, if there are any settings which need to be maintained in MS Active directory server? This is because I have come across a document in SAP SCN for maintaining entries for SAP server (Solution Manager here) in the MS AD server. I have attached the configuration file where the SAP system entries must be maintained in MS AD server obtained from SAP SCN website. I am not an expert in other Microsoft products except MS SQL server as database in SAP systems.

Please be assured that points will be awarded generously for all who contribute to resolving this issue. I await your inputs and responses as I need to wrap this issue on ASAP basis.

Thanks,

M. Nizam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Any response please. I am still stuck up in the RSLDAPSYNC_USER phase in SE38. I have changed settings in LDAPMAP 'mapping'

BAPIBNAME - USERNAME = pager (instead of sapUsername)

SNC – PNAME = info (instead of previous entry sapSncname)

objectClass is 'user'.

This was suggested to me by my PM. Still am unable to see the user transfer for the specific user while executing the ABAP report.

Please do help me here. I will reward points to all the people for right answers.

Kind regards,

M. Nizam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Its been four days and I am still awaiting your responses. Assure you that points will be awarded for all correct answers generously. Currently I request your kind help here, as LDAP is new to me.

Kind regards,

M. Nizam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its been four days and I am still awaiting your responses. Assure you that points will be awarded for all correct answers generously.

I would open an incident with SAP for this.

Regards,

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

The issue here is that I need to first confirm with the client as they are reluctant to call in an IT (MS AD) consultant for this. I will be doing that this coming Monday at the client site. Secondly, as all the SAP servers/systems have been implemented through my company for the client (my company being SAP gold partner and also master VAR), we are the first point of approach.

Due to this if I open a SAP OSS in SMP for this issue, the costs are high (300 or 440 Euros for every OSS if Production related or project related issue).

I usually refer to SCN mostly, but not for posting messages for errors I face, as I always somehow solve it using research and SAP notes. But in this case scenario, it's not a problem from SAP solution Manager end or from my end. Its the issue with IT administrator which my client done have (they administer it themselves for making users for their organization). They don't have any IT personnel to troubleshoot it in case of errors. Because of this lack of resources, I am facing an issue, as I have a document from SCN SAP, that the settings for SAP server (SAP SOLMAN here) needs to be done in MS Active directory, unfortunately, that skill is something I don't possess. Kindly help me out at least conceptually on this part (if not technically for MS AD server), so I may be able to make the client understand. I am stuck in the middle of the project due to this issue. Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

M. Nizam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I had to remove my attached file as it was not allowed by the SCN website. I await the error analysis by you all.

Kind regards,

M. Nizam