Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different 'MWST' Tax rate for company codes with same country

former_member357054
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am not an SD expert, but need some inputs on a requirement. We have the manual condition type 'MWST' for tax conditions and the 'MWST' rate is set for different countries.

We have Sales Organization 'A' and 'B' which are for the same country (JP) and the requirement is to have tax as 7% for Sales org 'A' and no tax (0%) for  'B' in billing for the same billing material . But when we set the tax classification in material master, for Sales Org 'B' and the billing material, the system automatically changes the classification for 'A' also to 0% since the tax classification is based on country and not sales organization. Here both the Sales org is for the same country 'JP'.

Is there any other way or configuration through which we can achieve this requirement ?

Your thoughts are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Dhan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

You can achieve this with two different TAX CODES,

for country JP, in FTXP Transaction you have a  provision to select two different tax codes and maintain two different rates

in condition records, select suitable tax code, system will automatically populate rate

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RicardoCirilo
Participant
0 Kudos

Well mate, Vemuri provide an alternative from FI point of view. From SD standing I'd suggest to work out the condition technique as this condition type (MWST) has an access sequence MWST (the same code) and it has 3 tables related:

78 - Departure Country / Destination Country

2 - Domestic Taxes

11 - Export Taxes

What I can see is that you need to include the value Sales Organization in one of the tables.

NOW, IF YOU DONT WANNA MESS WITH THE CONFIG...

The customer has Tax indicators in its Sales Area Data, why don't you just set the value there to determine always 0% tax for the Sales Org you want?

Look forward for your remarks.

Saludos!

Ricardo

former_member357054
Participant
0 Kudos

@ Vemuri and Ricardo,

Many thanks for your replies. I will try this out and update you.

@Ricardo,

I cannot go with the second option you suggested, becasue we need this only for one particualr billing material. We have many billing materials and for this particualr Company code - billing material combination is the requirement.

Thanks,

Dhanesh Mohan