cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send SMS message from SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have done Standard SAP Configuration of SMS through HTTP with Third Party SMS Gateway with the help of available guides. During HTTP node configuration, i have given all the details of SMS service provider along with registered template message.

When i pass this registered message in entire URL, i am getting SMS text message in my mobile with spaces where ever applicable. But after i gave the same text message in my HTTP node configuration, i am not receiving any message in my mobile. In SOST, status showing as successful and message went up to Service provider only not to the given mobile number. Below is the successful delivery message.

Message successfully transferred to service agent

Message no. XS723

Diagnosis

The message to recipient SMS:XXXXXXXXXX was transferred to a service agent for sending.

The SAP system cannot receive and process status messages about successful or failed delivery from this service agent. Therefore, you cannot expect further information about this message in the SAP system.

System Response

Processing was completed as normal.

The confirmation from the service agent when the message was transferred was: 20140612171836XXXXX

There may be other ways of obtaining further information about the delivery of the message by the service agent using this specification.

Procedure

No action is necessary.

Difference I noticed in SCOT (double click on HTTP node) is entire message is showing as a single word which was the reason it was not delivered to mobile. B'cos registered message length is of 5 words length.

Instead of space between the 5 words if i gave %20, i am receiving the SMS message in my mobile successfully.

Please suggest if any settings needs to be done to avoid this space issue so that system should consider the message with individual words and not single word.

Rgds,

Durga.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Durga,

It looks like you've got a problem with the "URL encoding". %20 = space.

Please try these:

1. Check if you SMS Provider is "HTTP compatible".

2. On the Node Configuration screen, (see attached screenshot) enter the values specified by your SMS Provider. If not specified by your SMS Provider, you can try Max Length = 200 and character and code as Default settings.

hope this helps.

Cheers

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pradeep,

1. Yes, our SMS provider is "HTTP compatible"

2. I kept Maximum length = 300 bytes, as our registered message with provider was bit lengthy and rest of the settings in the screen shot remains same.

Issue still remains. Is there any thing do with " Device types for Format conversion " (scot-->settings-->Device types for Format conversion) ?

Please suggest.

Rgds,

Durga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Kindly look into the above issue and suggest possible solution. Do i need to consider ABAP for this requirement.

Please help.

Rgds,

Durga.