cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I create a bookmark in SCN?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some pages have a link near the upper-right that says "Bookmark".  Fine.  That works.  Some pages don't have that.  So I went to "Getting Started with SCN" and looked under "Use Bookmarks".  Lots of info about how to 'use' bookmarks once they exist.  ZERO info about how to create one.  Must be obvious....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you are talking about the wiki pages.

You can find the bookmark option for discussions, documents and blogs.

You can't find the bookmark option for wiki pages or sap help document.

If you post the link of this content (which hasn't the bookmark option), then I can tell you the actual problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is one example:

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

it's a SPACE home page, you wont find any option of bookmarking over here. If you want to receive all updates what all are happening around this technology, you can select 'Follow', 'Track in Communications' and 'Receive email notifications'

Rgrds,

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

So is there an easy way to get to a 'SPACE' page within SCN?   It seems like SAP Manufacturing used to appear in the hierarchy under Products > Business Applications, but now I can't find it there.  So I just end up having to type "SAP Manufacturing" into the general search box each time that I want to go there.

I could bookmark it in my browser, but I have multiple browsers on multiple devices.

Thanks,

Barry

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If you want to access any content available at that SPACE, you can always open its home page and navigate through "Contents" tab.

http://scn.sap.com/community/manufacturing

Maybe can answer better.

Rgrds,

JK

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can get all notifications with 3 ways for a space.

1. You can follow the space.

You will get all activity for the space..

Go to the space press follow as shown as below:

Then whenever you will log in, your activity stream will gives you the updated.

2. You can get emails for all activity for the space.

Just press Receive email notifications in that space (In right side in the space)

3. You can get Notification for all activity for the space.

Just press Track in Communications in that space (Below Receive email notifications).

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The closest thing to a bookmark for a space is to follow it and then visit Browse > Places > Following (i.e. http://scn.sap.com/places?filterID=following)

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Barry,

to chime in, too:

You'll find the space in the navigation under "Lines of Business > Manufacturing". It's the bold link at the top.

Maybe that's easier than typing or the bookmark.

Regards,

Steffi.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to everyone for helping out the 'new guy'.  There seems to be an array of different ways to do each thing.  I will eventually figure out the difference between 'following' and 'tracking' ... 

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Barry,

please don't forget to close the thread properly. Since there doesn't seem to be a "Correct Answer" for your issue, you can use the "Assumed answered"-feature at the top to close the thread. Green icons for the win!

Regards,

Steffi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for pointing that out.  Will mark it as 'Assumed answered'.  It's hard to say that one of the answers is exactly the 'right' one.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I like to describe the difference this way:

• Followed spaces, content and people appear in your Activity stream
  • Track spaces, content and people appear in your Communications inbox (can mark items as read/unread so you don't miss anything)

Then you just have to set your according to the level of engagement you want.

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Can you please share links what all pages you are talking about?