cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors when logging onto NWBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have two issues when logging into NWBC.

I'm connecting to my ECC DEV environment using http://myserver:8010/sap/bc/nwbc

when I first connect I get a message about an expired certificate

I'm not sure where to find this certificate to update the valid to date....

Then after saying yes... I get this error...

I've tried changing the Custom level in my internet options to allow mixed content - but it still gives this error message.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

By default the NWBC ICF node is configured to switch to HTTPS if HTTPS service is available in ICM which it is in your case. Ask your basis admin to renew the self-signed certificate of AS ABAP or even better ask your basis admin to install a trusted certificate.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Samuli...

is it possible to turn of the https?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it is possible. You can either change the ICF node configuration not to switch to HTTPS or you can deactivate the HTTPS service in ICM assumed it is not used. In both cases it is best that you talk to your basis admin(s).

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

shane_kelly2
Participant
0 Kudos

We've fixed our certificate problem - but we can't get rid of the Mixed content error..

We have added our NWBC sites to IE > tools > Internet options > Security > Trusted Sites

and we have turned the setting for Allow Mixed Content to 'Enabled' but still this error persists.

Any suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shane,

I think I had exactly the same problem a while back. Can I ask you what version of NWBC and IE you are running?

In my case we were using NWBC 4.0 PL14 and IE 9. What I found was that IE was making a call for a local JS file (res://mshtml.dll/xmltreeview.js) that was causing the "Mixed content warning" the workaround I found was to add the res://mshtml.dll/xmltreeview.js to the local intranet zone... and making sure "Allow Mixed Content" is set for local intranet zone.

Perhaps you can try that and see if it makes any difference.

Hth,

Simon

Damean
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shane

This is actually an IE browser security certificate handling issue. What to do next would depends on how your corporate security team set up your certificate store ...

But if you want to give it a go --  try to install the certificate yourself into your own IE browser (that's assuming that the certificate is something that you trust)  ...

To do so

-Click on the [Yes] and then proceed to install the certificate manually into your desktop.

-The certificate need to be stored in your Root Certificate directory. If you do NOT know where it's, try scanning your desktop for the file *.crt or Using the Windows Start Button to Run the program certmgr.msc

Note:

HTH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately - the certificate is expired - so i can't install it.  I need to change the validity dates of the certificate somehow...

julieplummer20
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

HI Shane, Damean is correct. This error message comes from IE, so you need to contact MS tech Support. It's not specific to NWBC. Best wishes, Julie.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Acutally - the expired certificate was an SAP issue - the certificate on this server was out of date.

This fixed the issue.

julieplummer20
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

HI Shane, Thanks for letting us know - always good. I'll close this. BR julie.