cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application area MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

I want to maintain an entry in table T160M for message MM081 with category as 'E'. Purpose is to convert warning message in Tcode MM02 as Error.

I can see view V_160M exists. When i try to maintain entry in this table i see that application area MM is not found.

Please let me know how to maintain entry ''MM" for application area.

BR,

Aspire

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How wonderful. Everytime this question is asked the same answers get repeated and obviously nobody ever tested the own reply.

I explained it 4 years ago in this discussion

Despite of the fact that you may find a way to add this number in this table, you still need program logic that you would look into this table to retrieve the user desired attribute. If it is not foreseen then the behavior will not change.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried SM30 to maintain the table T160M.

it will allow you to enter new entries or change existing.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Span 1,

I tried to add Message Type MM081 in SM30 in the table V_T160 and it gives an error. When I checked the selection conditions for this table in SE11 I found that for Application Area "ARBGB" there is no comparison value with "MM" and because of that system is not allowing to maintain Message Type MM in SM30.

Thanks,

Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried with T160M table ? Not with V_T160. Please check again

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

span 1,have you tried? if yes, can show the result ?

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the complete screen shot and saving the data

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is just one side of the medal, now make it an error and see if you get an error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Span,

Can you please tell me where did you maintained the message type? Is it in SM30? If you can provide me the steps that will be very helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yep you are right. when I changed to error again, the error message is not popping up when I deleted the material at storage. I agree with you on deleting the storage location and archiving it.But this is really strange not able to control the message that is being issued through the given table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would ask you to follow Jurgen's advice in deleting and then archiving the record or follow the thread he gave.

Yes, I did it through SM30 table maintenance for t160m.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP is controlling the messages, they only let you control  messages which have been nominated to be customizable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see that view V_160M is from tables T160M and T100. In my system, entry for application area MM 081 in language EN is present in T100 table. Whereas, there is no entry for MM 081 in table T160M.

I am not sure how entry MM 081 came in table T100. Should i delete this entry in order for me to insert entry in T160M table via view V_160M.

Kindly guide me as i am an abaper trying my luck with MM.

BR,

Aspire

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Follow the step and it will be maintained:

• Go to SPRO->Logistic General ->Material Master -> Basic Settings -> Define Attributes of System Messages
  • Maintain the entry there.

Regards

Imran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Imran,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I went to the SPRO path that you have suggested(Tcode for the same is OMT4). I see that if we already have entry for MM 081 then we can just change the category from 'W'(Warning) to 'E'(Error). In my case, entry for MM 081 is not present and i am not having option to maintain new entries in OMT4. I also see that against MM there are entries for other messages except 081.

Kindly guide me for maintaining 081 message in OMT4.

BR,

Aspire

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aspire,

I a having the same issue as of yours. Did you get the solution to this problem? If yes, then kindly suggest me how to add an entry MM081 in the Table T160M.

Thanks,

Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am still waiting for solution as seen in this thread. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is another path in SPRO where you can maintained messages for purchasing. Path is

SPRO-->Materials Management --> Purchasing --> Environment Data --> Define Attributes of System Messages .

Please let me know where you are getting this message.

Regards

Imran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Imran,

Thanks for your reply. For earlier path that you gave(Tcode: OMT4) I have mentioned my feedback in earlier post. Now, I tried this new SPRO path that you suggested,

SPRO-->Materials Management --> Purchasing --> Environment Data --> Define Attributes of System Messages .

I can see that application area MM is not available in F4 help for me to create an entry for system message. As per my understanding, i should first put entry for application area MM in some view/table and then come to above SPRO path. Please let me know your inputs.

BR,

Aspire

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

In OMT4 there is no option to add new entries. I checked the table T100 and T160M and it seems that the message type MM 081 do exist in Table T100 but not in T160M.  If there is entry in both the tables then it will show up in OMT4 and you can make changes to the Warning to Error Message and vice versa.

In SM30 Table name V_T160M, when you try to add Message Type MM it gives you an error (I believe this is the place where you need to add an entry). Imran, in the steps you provided, there is no Application area MM and I guess the application area is pulled from table T100 and T160M. I am trying to find out where we should add the Application Area MM and add message type 081 so it will show up in OMT4.

Thanks,

Patel