cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accounting Documents during settlement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a business requirement to generate accounting documents at the time of project settlement (through cj88)?

Any ideas on how we can achieve this ? If this is possible through a z-development, can you kindly suggest BADI's/User-Exits/Enhancements for this?

Regards

Varun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

I have tried maintaining primary cost elements in the source structure of settlement profile(oko7) and settled the cost again but did not find any accounting documents getting generated.

Regards

Varun

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Varun, 

Get in touch with FICO guys, them will help you better on it as Gokul has suggest in his post above.

Once you get the solution there mark this thread as closed with proper reasoning.

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

Can you please elaborate on the substitution rule that is to be defined in Controlling(CO) ? Where will we need to define this? What should be the substitution rule?

Regards

Varun

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

This you can find yourself by searching in Enterprise Controlling forum.

Following are the few pointers to check:

Also check SAP notes 483340 and 440186

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

Have you atleast discussed the options that we have provided with your FICO guys?

Questions that you are posing post knowing the options are too specific to FICO. Talk to your FICO guys, get them involved. They should definitely be knowing about this. This is a requirement that most of the businesses are asking for nowadays.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Thanks for your reply. When you say 2*CE do you mean secondary cost elements? We have been only using primary cost elements and a G/L has already been created for this primary CE.

Regards

Varun

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

I meant secondary CE.

My point is check any previous settlement document and get the CE which was used in that settlement document, it would be a secondary CE. This CE would be made in source structure of settlement profile (OKO7).

Just to give it a try, you maintain a primary cost element there and settle the cost again and check whether system is generating any accounting document or not.

I would still suggest you to check with CO guy also on the same before making any changes to it.

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

Thanks for the solution provided. However will there always be a single G/L which gets debited/credited at the time of settlement? Does this mean an accounting document gets generated always only with a single G/L every time settlement is being carried out.

Regards

Varun Rudrabhatla

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

Which CE type you are using for settlement  (WBS-> CC) , I believe it would be 2* CE and that's the reason it will be creating CO document , Maintain a G/L for this CE used in settlement and run settlement again, you will get accounting entries also generated with the settlement document,CO document..

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

Presently we are settling the cost from WBS to a cost center. As I understand , the system does generate only a controlling document while settling the cost from WBS to cost center. (As both are controlling objects).

However the requirement is to generate a FI document as well. Can this be achieved?

Regards

Varun Rudrabhatla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

As this is transfer of cost from 1 cost object(WBS) to another (Cost center) only controlling document will get generated.

Accounting will be generated in case of settlement to AUC or GL (as actual cost get transferred).

Please clarify what set of accounting entries are required?

Regards,

Atikant Shrivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

Yes this can be achieved.

Write a CO substitution rule and create G/L accounts for secondary G/L account as well.

Consult your FICO consultants to know more about how this can be done.

Regards,
Gokul 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Presently the system does generate only a CO document at the time of settlement. However we are looking to generate a FI Document as well through Z-development (if required).

Regards

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where are you settling this? I mean whats the receiver?