cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Higher decimal places in SD pricing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All.

I would like the system to accept up to 3 decimal places when creating quotation, sales order and invoice in SD. I created a new currency under t-code OY03 and customized it under t-code OY04. It works fine for newly entered values. The problem is that for values which already existed in the system i am getting rounding-off errors. All the figures in the old invoices and accounting reports have been changed e.g. $13.20 becomes $1.320 across the the whole system.

How do create an alternative formula and assign it to my pricing condition type ZR00 in the pricing procedure so as to remove the rounding-off error?

Regards,

Joseph

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

This is not good practice to change the decimals places for the currency to which documents are already posted. you also would have got warning message when you changed the decimal places.. It would affect all the posted documents in the system.. It would be a hectic job to bring back to normal.

I had similar experience but in my case, there was NO Payment taken place.So, deleted all the MIRO and reversed MIGO and manually changed the PO value and posted it with correct value.

you had better to create new currency with required decimal places ( for eg: USD - 2 decimals and make USDN - 3 decimals as such) and use it whenever required.

With Regards

S.Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do i assign the new currency to my pricing procedure?

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

To assign new Currency to existing orders, you will have to define new Price condition records and the re-determine the Pricing in sales Orders.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, thanks, will try that.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
The problem is that for values which already existed in the system i am getting rounding-off errors

Yes system will behave like that only as explained in the following note:-

• Note 434349 - Change of decimal places of currencies

G. Lakshmipathi