Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to show a crosstab with onmouseover

sebastian_meise
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi guys,

I'm new in SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio 1.2 and need a little help.

in sap business objects design studio 1.2 I would like to show a crosstab when onmouseover --> an image (...jpg).

with hover image it's easy to show an image when onmouseover another image.

unfortunately I have no idea how to show a crosstab.

greetings,

sebastian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mike_howles4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not believe any of the delivered Design Studio components offer an onmouseover event trigger that you could then via scripting toggle visibility on another component like a crosstab.

But, you could do something like this:

1. Make a panel - Assign it a CSS class of 'wrap'
  2. Put your image in the panel - Assign it a CSS class of 'show'
  3. Put your crosstab in the panel - Assign it a CSS class of 'noshow'

Add this CSS to your Design Studio application:

.noshow, .wrap:hover .show {

display: none

}

.wrap:hover .noshow {

display: block

}

NOTE: You may wish to use BI Scripting to assign the 3 CSS Classes on application load, as there are some component initializations with crosstab that rely on block display to calculate size.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sebastian_meise
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks a lot for your answers.

Bye!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

In this thread you will also find some more information about showing something when the user moves his mouse over something (onmouseover = hover). In the examples only some text is being shown in the "popup", but it isn't just limited to text, it is about showing and hiding some html elements with css (either show something: display: block; or hide something: display: none;). The :hover pseudo class css selector is used to select elements when you mouse over them.

Cheers,

David

0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

in our Productivity Tools Add-On bundle we also have a Table Actions add-on, which is still in beta phase. Apart from providing a context menu it can also be used for custom table action events.

Currently left-click, right-click and double click is working. These DOM events can be used to raise DS script events. In the coding you also can get the selection of the clicked cell. This could also be enhanced to enable mouse-over events. However, I am a bit reluctant to do this, as every DS event call also creates a round-trip currently (at least for non-HANA deployments).

Get in contact with me, if you would like to know more.

All the best

Jörg

sebastian_meise
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jörg,

vielen Dank zunächst für das Angebot.

Vielleicht komme ich später darauf zurück. Momentan probieren wir das Tools einfach aus.

Viele Grüße,

Sebastian Meise