cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor details along with amount settled to an asset in an investment project.

soubhagya_rout
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Here we are following std process i.e. PR/PO with WBS as account assigned, then GR-GI/SES and then settle it to AUC and then in the end to FXA.

Now the requirement is to capture all the line item details (including vendor with the amount) settled to asset. I have tried a lot and get the WBS, AUC from FXA and the CO doc., FI Doc. & the settlement doc. but not able to link CO doc. of settlement to the GR-GI CO document.

Can any one help me on this or can suggest any other work around?

Thanks & regards,

Soubhagya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Soubhagya,

Can you please elaborate more on your requirement.

It seems you want to develop a report but you are not finding a link between CO document of settlement with accounting document.

Please explain a bit more about it.

Regards

Saurabh

soubhagya_rout
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

In simplest form, the requirement is to get the detail break up of asset value (Fixed asset) i.e. means from which vendor how much we have procured both service and material.

If you can give some other logic then its also fine.

The way we are proceeding:

1) Suppose there are 4 actual (GI/SES) line items (2 for materials & 2 for services) against WBS.

2) We settle WBS to AUC (periodic), so after settlement these 4 line items are now in AUC. You can see that in CJIC.

3) Maintain settlement rule for these 4 line items with category FXA and receiver as asset (Final asset).

4) Now when we settle AUC to FXA, the amount is now in final asset.

Now we want to back track these whole thing for a report where our input is Asset and we want to capture the from which vendor how much we have procured.

With Regards,

Soubhagya

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Soubhagya,

Thanks for the clarification.

I am not sure of a standard report which can give you the data in the way you want. But through ABAP development it would be easy to develop such a report.

I would suggest the way as to consider one asset an one WBS (hope you are settling one WBS to one asset) and give that aseet field as input value in the report.

Now, the logic would be to capture the WBS which is assigned to this asset from table ANLA and this WBS will fetch all the PR/PO commitment data from tables COOI, Actual data from table BSEG,MSEG and populate it in the output.

Or

You can call both CJI3 and CJI5 in the background to populate as an output of asset input.

Or

you can yourself write a SQVI query using the tables mentioned above.

Regards

Saurabh

soubhagya_rout
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

It's not that easy as it seems. Here we are also following partial capitalization, so the WBS to AUC is one to one relationship but AUC to FXA is many to many relationship. If we go for the simplest case even i.e. one to one relationship for AUC to FXA then how can we capture the details from the final settlement.

Example:

1) there are 4 line items (VT=4) against WBS each of value say 10000 INR.

2) When we run the periodic settlement from WB Sto AUC, these 4 line items are now in AUC.

3) Now we run the partial capitalization from AUC to FXA by maintaining rule for each line items with 50% to FXA X and 50 % to FXA Y.

4) So in Asset X we have asset value 20000 INR.

5) Now we have to back track the whole thing from asset no.

We want to develop the ABAP report but the problem is how can we get those 4 line items for which we have maintained the settlement rule, we have only the input as Asset no.

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

With Regards,

Soubhagya

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Soubhagya,

With % settlement it looks difficult because what if you have total actual cost (6 line items) is 60K and you want to distribute it among 5 FXA on line items wise, as you will be maintaining % distribution rule (12%) but your objective to get the report is like distribute 2 line items(actual) cost to FX1, 1 line item cost to FX2 and so on..

For that,It will be more appropriate to maintain settlement by 'Amount' also.

Now,for development of this report, it is actually very difficult because we lose the track of line item details (VT 4) when we reach at settlement (WBS->AUC) ,as we have only the total cost only to be adjusted/distributed and it goes the same way till FXA.

Even if a report is to be developed then I can think of some 'Reference Fields' at GRN- > Settlement (AUC) -> Settlement (FXA). All these documents should be posted w.r.t. this reference field and ABAPer has to collect the line item details with this reference field and show in the o/p against an asset number.

(Development of these formats/screens for running actual transaction in background is a tedious job ) And obviously that would be applicable for new projects (new GRNs) only.

For existing one, it looks near to impossible to me.You can have few words with ABAPer to discuss on it.

Regards

Saurabh