Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori Fact Sheet- Credentials windows popping up for Wrong Client

MahendraJ
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Concern,

This is regarding Fiori Fact Sheet; We have installed and configured Fact Sheet in our landscape. We are using NetWeaver Gateway and for Fiori, Client is 400. On the other hand, for SAP Backend System, the client is 300. Now, the issue is when we are hitting the Fiori Launch Page URL, First time- credentials for <Gateway SID>300 i.e. Gateway is working fine but after that it is asking to enter credentials for <Backend SID>400 where we don't have the <Backend SID>400 client.

Requirement is it should ask for creds in <Backend SID> 300 instead of <Backend SID> 400.

https://<Hostname>:<port>/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/ui2/ushell/shells/abap/FioriLaunchpad.html?sap-client=400&sap-language=EN#

First time, user is getting authenticated in first creds pop up (authentication in SAP NetWeaver Gateway) and second time, it is asking for Creds to authenticate him\ her self in Backend (but here the client is Wrong...... it should go for Client 300 whereas it is going for 400= as same as Gateway Client)

FYI: If both Backend and gateway clients are same then it is working fine.

Please let me know if anyone of you have any clue for why this is happening?   

KR,

~ Mahendra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahendra,

We are facing the same issue while configuring Factsheet applications. When we click on Fiori Search we get a prompt for credentials with the Back-end SID but Front end client. We have mentioned client in our /sap/es/ina web dispatcher entry. We have even put [break] statements in the action file of the web dispatcher yet we face this issue.
The surprising fact is if we try to access back end system with https://<web dispatcher host>:<web dispatcher port>/sap/es/ina/GetServerInfo we get the correct credential prompt.
If you could tell us what changes you made in the web dispatcher profile or action file to prevent this issue it would really help us.

Thanks and Regards,

Johan

MahendraJ
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

Can you paste the sapwebdisp.pfl file here? If yes, pl do that.

KR,

~ Mahendra

0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

can you check your Web Dispatcher profile? You can set the client for your backend like this:

wdisp/system_x = SID=<your SID>, MSHOST=<your host>, MSPORT=<your port>, SRCSRV=*:<your source port>, SRCURL=/sap/es/;/ENTERPRISE_SEARCH/, CLIENT=<your backend client>

For the gateway you should have something like this:

wdisp/system_x = SID=<your gateway SID>, MSHOST=<gw host>, MSPORT=<your port>, SRCSRV=*:<your source port>, SRCURL=/sap/opu/odata/;/sap/public/bc/;/sap/public/icmandir/;/sap/bc/; CLIENT=<your gw client>

Regards

Martina

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Lfer
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos
0 Kudos

Hi Mahendra,

have you found a solution for the client problem?

I have the same issue (and I have configured SSL)

Regards

Martina

MahendraJ
Participant
0 Kudos

SSO or SSL?

Can you be more specific (say whats the error? Multiple Backend and a Single Gateway?)

Yes, I've resolved the problem with a different approach.

0 Kudos

Hi Mahendra,

I have one gateway server (GTW client 100) and one Backend Server (BCK 300). Additionally I have a Web Dispatcher.

I configured SSL: both ABAP servers and the Web Dispatcher communicate via https and trust each other.

I also configured SSO via logon tickets (also working, I see the mysapsso2 in the traces.

As you described, transactional apps are working fine. When I use 'search', I can search and also see the search results from the backend. But from then on it keeps coming up with logon popups. the strange thing is that is wants me to logon to GTW 300 which doesn't exist.

So I assumed you had the same problem: the way to the backend is working fine but then the way from backend to gateway seems to pass the backend client instead of using the gateway client.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Martina

MahendraJ
Participant
0 Kudos

Exactly...... I was having the same issue..... in your case, SSO is not working properly. Could you please recheck and confirm whether SSO Is working perfectly or not? I mean, SSO is more secure & recommendable than any other thingy...... Am I right?

Nevertheless, if its not working then there is a wayaround. For that please send me the webD profile on my e-Mail ID...... will tell you what needs to be done. Is it fine for you?

KR,

~ Mahendra

Erwin
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Also I am not an expert for Fiori System Landscape setup, maybe the link to the SSO setup documentation might help:

http://help.sap.com/fiori_bs2013/helpdata/en/61/963e536f6a0050e10000000a44176d/content.htm?frameset=...

or the following link:

Communication Between Client and SAP Web Dispatcher - Setup of SAP Fiori System Landscape - SAP Libr...

MahendraJ
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Erwin,

You are right but in our case we want the PoV for without SSO. By this I mean, we are exploring every possible way to work on Fiori Landscape (all types of App)...... SSO is still in progress but meanwhile we are trying to explore the possibilities here.

And as I said earlier, If both Backend and gateway clients (say <FE>200 and <BE>200) are same then it is working fine. This issue is occurring when SAP Clients are not same (like in our case, <FE> 400 and <BE> 300).

Please let me know if you are looking for more details.

Thanking you,

~ Mahendra

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
MahendraJ
Participant
0 Kudos

This Steps are already done Masa.....Issue is after hitting the Launchpad URL, user is getting authenticated in Gateway (Client 400) and we are able to see X1 (Transactional Apps); Issue is occuring when we are click in Search Box (Top Center of the screen), that time- it is asking for creds and that too in wrong client i.e. client 400 (whereas we don't have Client 400 in Backend System).

FYI:We have configured Fiori for Client 300 of Backend.

Note: If both Backend and gateway clients (say GW 200, BE200) are same then it is working fine.

Let me know if you need more details.

KR,

~ Mahendra