Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMP 3.0 SP03 Gateway cockpit Timeout Issue

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing one weird issue in gateway cockpit (https://smpserver:port/gateway/cockpit) while navigating to "Troubleshooting" tab. What i have done

Log on>Troubleshooting>select logs and clicked on first error logs, i get time out notification and this session gets end. Again i have to login. But i am not able to check the log file available under this "TROUBLESHOOTING" tab. Is there any settings we can do to avoid this timeout? In fact i am also getting this timeout message within 5 seconds i logon into GW cockpit.

Regards,

JK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

This issue has been resolved in SMP 3.0 SP04 runtime.

Rgrds

JK

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, we have faced the similar issue. Per SAP its a product bug and also this happens due to the port change. Hope they imporve in next patch. Thanks,

Shiv

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Per SAP its a product bug and also this happens due to the port change

What do you mean by port change? Are you pointing to this port update?

So for me GW cockpit is 8084?

Rgrds,

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Integration GW, the port is 8083 and when either try to click "open source document" the browser opens in port 80 or if you click on logs section the port may change if it tries to open in new browser. So, basically, the point is, when a new browser is getting opened, the port is getting changed and results in timeout.

Thanks,

Shiv

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

One thing I forgot to mention that I have installed SMP3 server on my local machine, that gateway cockpit opens with port 8084. URL is like localhost:8084/gateway/cockpit

But when I installed SMP3 on a windows 2008 server R2 system, for that GW cockpit opens with port 8083.

But in both machines/systems, I am getting same timeout issue.

Rgrds,

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay, Just wanna double check, did you create a service called "ESPM Service" in GW integration. When we have created this, the timeout issue got resolved almost.

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

No. We didn't create from our side.

When I launched gateway cockpit just after installing smp3.0 server, the same service was already present. (Its still over there)

Rgrds,

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to configure that service. You need to create a destination and tie that destination to this ESPM service. Below is the screen shot for properties of Destination,

Also, the namespace should be "sap" for that service. This name space should be a security profile in Management cockpit.

Once done, bounce the services and launch the GWI.

Thanks,

Shiv

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Above workaround is not helping at all.