cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLM 7.02 WUI Navigation settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When i enter a BOM in display mode, I see a hyperlink in the bom items. If we click that it will go to classic material master view.

We are using PLM and MDG-M. My requirement is as follows....When we click the BOM items, it should go to MDG-M material master not the classic material master view.

Kindly let me know the configuration settings/the process of linking the navigation from PLM WUI to the MDG-M. Thanks!!

Regards,

Saravana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member214775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saravana,

you have 2 options:

1. reach it with launchpad customizing (transaction: LPD_CUST)

Open the following entry:

PLM     CM_MAT_BOMMAT    Context Menu for Material - for BOM OIF

Here you can define a new context menu entry to navigate to your target (MDG-M). Then you can open it in MDG-M with a right click on the material number in the BOM and selecting the menu item you just created.

2. you can change the behaviour of the left click on the material

I can be custom development or you can try to use one of the following BAdIs:

Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) -> PLM Web User Interface -> Settings for BO Framework and Navigation -> Navigation, Parameter Mapping, and Services -> Business Add-Ins for Navigation and Parameter Mapping

a)     BAdI: UI Framework Parameters

b)     BAdI: Context Menu

Best regards

Tamas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr. Rakoczy,

Thanks for your quick response

Regards,

Saravana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr. Rakoczy,

If I go by your 1st option, I think only when I do right click on the BOM item, then I select from menu to open the material in MDG. But I want to navigate the material by direct clicking on the BOM item.

Is there any possibility to achieve this with your 1st option i.e. with launchpad customizing?

Thanks & Regards,

Saravana

former_member214775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saravana,

I think for this you need to go with option 2.

Best regards

Tamas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr. Rakoczy,

There are few challenges in setting up this navigation from BOM material item to MDG....When we

are configuring the navigation target and lpd_cust....  The challenge here is the namespace...

Namespace is a required entry for PLM...so all the PLM components are having /PLMI/ prefix wheras

MDG components do not have namespace. Is there anyway to overcome this problem?

Regards,

Saravana