cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error deleting a created checklist item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I need your advice regarding Checklist Items. I am not able to delete an already existing and released checklist item. Please see the error received in screenshot attached. Please advice me in order to do the correct customizing to enabled this - or the steps needed. I need your help for this as this is happening in our productive system. I am a beginner and I would appreciate a lot your help!

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

Ruxandra Petrina. 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ruxandra,

In PPM- Project management, all released project element cannot be deleted. This is a standard behavior. The project elements like checklist item, tasks, phase etc. can be deleted before it is released and not after that.

Only thing which can be done is change the status to 'Cancelled'.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

Thanks a lot for your feedback! I appreciate it! In our case we are able to delete tasks/sub-tasks even if these are released. This is the reason why I thought that also checklist items could be deleted. as information, for checklist items we don't have "canceled" status - we only have "finish" / "set not relevant".

Can I enabled the standard behavior by customizing in order to be able to delete my checklists? Or this would mean development?

Best regards,

Ruxandra.

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ruxandra,

There are options available to change this standard behavior but at your own risk by understanding the effects of the same. You can refer the below thread for details.

And you need to identify the correct 'System status' to change. Project element wise system status is attached for your reference.

And as you said project element 'Task' can be deleted even after release but not the Project definition, phase, checklist & its items.

Regards,

Ravi

Answers (0)