cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to change investment program

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

I am facing an issue for which your help is required.

One of my user is trying to change the investment program which gives the error -:

" WBS element PR/xxxxxx/xxxxxx is already budgeted or availabilty control is active"

Now my understanding is that in such a case the budget needs to be removed which will undo the user status BUDG and subsequently allow the user to make needfull changes.

I therefore went into IM52 and tried to delete the budgeted figure, upon saving I get an error "Overall budget is negative X - (value)"

Please guide me in the right direction to resolve this issue at the earliest.

PS --> This is a capex scheme  .

rgds'

Mazal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is that budget is already used? If yes, then can't be reversed/return. In this case you can't change the investment program also.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mazal,

I think you need to return budget from WBS to Program/position id assigned to the WBS and make the budget figure 0 against WBS and reset the BUDG system status of WBS using t-code OPSX.

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

FYI - scheme status = CRTD

Are you referring to ME52 for returning the budget, I have tried this but apparently it throws the second error message as stated above.

Kindly state the tcodes wich I need to use.

Also please suggest, as this scheme's investment program states 'Approval Year = 2012', if I goto CJBW to deactivate Availability Control, change Investment Prg, goto CJBV to reenable Availabilty Control. Will this work??

Thanx in advance.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mazal,

Check t-code IM38 for budet return to position id.

Not sure of it but you can try it out and let us know if it works.

Regards

Saurabh