Hi,

We have a request where the default data should be defined as below :

1. For Outbound shipment:

Type of shipment-

Port of exit-

2. For Inbound shipment:

Type of shipment-

Port of entry

I don't find the available field combination for the above sequence.

Please advise how to get this combination on to the system.

Regards

Nag

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nag,

What do you mean by "Type of Shipment"?  Are you referring to a standard GTS field, or something in the ERP system?

And what about the ports; are you talking about Customs Offices, or wanting to use the Departure and Arrival points on the "Geography" tab?

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

Type of shipment = Air, Ocean, Truck, etc

Yes, The data to be populated on Geography tab for customs offices.

Regards

Nag

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nag,

In the configuration activity "Define Default Data for Document Fields, Messages and Documents", create a new Field Combination (e.g. 'ZC_0001') with assigned fields 'H_MTRBC' and 'P_CUSAZS'.  And create another, with assigned fields 'H_MTRBC' and 'P_CUSBZS'.  Save the data, and come out of the activity.

Then go in again, and use the new Field Combination as usual.  If you're not sure what that means, then let us know.

By the way, which target field do you intend to use - in other words, what is it that depends on the Mode of Transport and Customs Office?

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

I want the field combination as Type of shipment (mode of transport) and Port of exit. The target field would be the customs broker.

There are multiple brokers for the business and with the above filed combination the brokers need to be defaulted.

I do not find the new field combination to define and how can we get the target field?

Please advise.

Regards

Nag

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nag,

What do you mean by "I do not find the new field combination to define"?  Surely you can find that IMG activity, and work out how it is structured?  Please try again, and if necessary let us know more exactly what difficulty you are having.

There are 4 different levels in the data structure, but they are not so complicated.  If I tell you that for German Exports, the Declaration Type depends on the Activity Sequence, I hope you will be able to trace that logic in the system and understand how it works.

For the Target Field, you will need to know which Partner Function is used for the Broker, and see if there is already an entry available.  If not, you may have to extend the Field List, using the IMG activity "Extend Field List for Data Proposal".  There, you may copy an existing entry and modify to suit your needs.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

What I mean on "I do not find the new field combination to define" is as I have to define the combination of means of transport/port of exit/Customs Broker.

The above combination data to be defaulted under geography tab. but i do not find in 'Define Default Data for Document Fields, Messages and Documents",

Sorry for troubling again

PLease advise.

Regards

Nag

Answers (0)