Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro alv export functionality error: not a valid single file web page

former_member193460
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My clients have been using the standard export button on alv to download the alv data to excel file. Some users are getting error sporadically.

Since the system i am working on is BW 7.0, i cant use the smaller file approach .xlxs. So please let me know how we can solve this issue.

This error is not happening for all the users.

Thanks & Regards,

Tashi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193460
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Currently, the alv Export button gives only the default file excel or mhtml file . Can we provide all the format available in the system when user clicks on "Export".

• Excel for Office 2007
  • Excel (MHTML format)
  • Excel (MHTML format for 2000/97)

Thanks & Regards,

Tashi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tashi,

The reason might be you are using new MHTML Excel export (and NOT version "MHTML (Excel 2000, 97 Format).

You can use a special report to adjust the export format on user level:

Run report SALV_BS_ADMIN_MAINTAIN.
Now it is important to follow exactly the order of the next steps:
At first in upper section "Actions" let checkbox on "Display"

1. 1. In second section "General Data" activate checkbox "Detailed Selection:" and enter the user(s) and client(s) for which you want to switch the export format.
  2. 2. Now go back to the first section "Actions" and choose "Create"
  3. 3. In third section "ALV Data" select checkbox "ALV_WebDynpro". Choose entry "Excel (in MHTML Format for 2000/97).
  4. 4. Hit "Run" button
  5. 5. Now the the export format for the specified clients/users should have been switched to the chosen format.

You can check SAP NOTE : 1371970.

Thanks

KH

0 Kudos

I got the same issue when i tried to download approximate 9000 records from Webdynpro ALV to excel file. I opened the file with notepad and found that content of the file truncated, <html> tag was not closed with </html>.

so i assume this maybe another reason for the issue ---too huge volume data to be downloaded.

former_member193460
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jianxin,

you can enable the xlxs for the file download which will generate a small file and can accommodate larger load of data.

Run report SALV_BS_ADMIN_MAINTAIN.
Now it is important to follow exactly the order of the next steps:
At first in upper section "Actions" let checkbox on "Display"

1. 1. In second section "General Data" activate checkbox "Detailed Selection:" and enter the user(s) and client(s) for which you want to switch the export format.
  2. 2. Now go back to the first section "Actions" and choose "Create"
  3. 3. In third section "ALV Data" select checkbox "ALV_WebDynpro". Choose entry "Excel (in MHTML Format for 2000/97).
  4. 4. Hit "Run" button
  5. 5. Now the the export format for the specified clients/users should have been switched to the chosen format.

You can check SAP NOTE : 1371970.

Regards,

Tashi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the SAP Note 1178857. For a work around, try the solution provided here: Can&amp;#39;t open mhtml files with Excel - Microsoft Community

Regards,

Kiran