Did you mean: 

PP/DS MRP NETCH Planning issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

Please help me in understanding this system behavior:

Scenario:

STEP1: PP/DS MRP REGEN RUN (Weekly)

STEP2: PP/DS MRP NETCH RUN (weekly immediately after STEP1 to cleanup any issues during step1).

Issue1: In the log for the planning run for NETCH, I see system picking up material codes having procurement code "P". Some of the  codes have MRP type ND, PD, etc in ECC but they are in APO for display reason. But why is system picking P type codes as APO does not plan these codes? what can be done to tell system not to pick  these codes (In the selection, I cannot exclude codes on the basis of procurement). I want to reduce the run time for planning. system does not plan these codes. But it picks, reads and tells oh I cannot plan these codes. It consumes time as there are large number of codes running into thousands of entries. 

Issue2:Why planning file entries exist in APO for codes which are planned externally ? If we delete the planning file entry for P type codes, then will system stop picking these codes. Is it possible to transfer planning file entries from ECC to APO? Can we reset the entries in ECC and send them to APO so that it reset the PPDS flag and system does not picks it.

Issue3: How can I reset planning file entries in APO. Is there a way to do that?

Your effort will be appreciated and rewarded appropriately.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Asim,

Issue 1:

create a new Propagation Range in /SAPAPO/CDPSC8 where exclude products with Procurement Type P and use it in your planning run.

Issue 2:

If planning file entries exist depends on the planning procedure. Create a planning procedure which does not perform any actions

Issue 3:

Please use /SAPAPO/RRP_NETCH

Hope that will help!

Regards,

Uli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ulrich,

Issue1.

Well there are multiple plants and thousands of material codes. Also there are constant additions and deletions. Furthermore propagation range will be static which would need continuous maintenance which I think will be difficult. I also thought on these lines but because of the above concern I dropped the idea.

Issue2.

Okay. Agreed that PP creates planning file entry. But suppose we change the PP from 4 (planning during planning run) to 1 (manual with check). Will that delete the PFE. Also what drives initial creation of PFE like in ECC its making plant relevant for MRP or running the background job ( MDVM I suppose). Also is there a standard way to delete the PFE. How do ECC PFE and APO PFE remain in sync for same code? I mean a material with MRP type PD will have a PFE in ECC definitely and at the same time it also has a PFE in APO. I do not understand why do you need a PFE in APO when you are not planning the product in APO. Because of PFE in APO, system always picks these codes and then throws a message oh I cannot plan them.

Interestingly when I delete the PFE in APO, this PD code is not picked for planning in APO.

Issue3:

Yes,i can do /SAPAPO/RRP_NETCH for modifying the PFE but how to do that in mass.?

Thanks

Asim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Asim,

Issue one

in product selection for propagation range you can set your selection criteria which selects the products dynamically. You just have to change your report variants for planning run. Do I misunderstand your concerns?

Issue two

Changing to planning procedure 1 will not delete the PFE but will prevent APO to create a new entry after any MRP-relevant changes happen or heuristic SAP_PP_020 (which creates the initial entry and does the low level code determination) is run.

In some cases procedure 1 will still create a PFE. Please check customizing for details. Thats why I would recommend to create a new planning procedure with "no reactions".

As soon as you prevent APO from creating new PFEs you can just once delete the PFEs in /SAPAPO/NETCH by just setting the first column for these materials blank (select your materials, mark column, delete indicator).

Corresponding table to MDVM is /SAPAPO/PEGKEY. Indicator for PP/DS is NETCH_RRP.

If material is not planned in APO you do not need a PFE in APO.

Issue 3

Maybe utilize table /SAPAP/PEGKEY

As I said if you prevent creating the entry you just have to delete (set indicator blank) once.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Uli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ulrich,

Issue 1: My bad. I agree we can setup dynamic list.

Issue 2: Well Setting new procedure is a good idea.

Issue 3: We can setup a background job to clear NETCH_RRP.

Your explanations helped a lot.

Thanks

Asim

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ulrich,

Well my original question was answered but I have one more associated question. hope you can help with this too.

I see PFEs  in APO for codes meant to be planned in ECC (PD, ND, etc) and not APO. Why is this so? Once we CIF the material & PDS from ECC, PFE are also transferred along with it? or because of the PP, PFEs are created even though not used in APO.

Thanks

Asim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure, but should not happen if you set your planning procedure in CIF inbound exit for product master