cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order BOM

0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to set-up the sales order BOM funcitonality the reason why I am seeking help is that most of the std config has been wipe out and I am building from scratch here.

let me explain what I have done.

Scenario 1 - ERLA Pricing at header level / component as information.

I have set-up the following item category determination which looks as follows.

The main item is set as follows.

The sub-item material master is set as follows.

The BOM structure is set as follows.

When we execute the sales order we encounter the following error message which says the ite mcategory is unable to be determine.

appreciate if someone can help to help or give me some light where I have gone wrong.

Hope to hear from someone

Regards

Ken

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Moazzam / Ricardo,

thanks for the feedback and its determine correctly now, however th enext stage of the problem which I am encountering now is the BOM is not able to explode in the sales order. Let me share the screen wit hthe error.

The item category for the BOM main item having the following settings.

When creating the sales order with the BOM component I encounter the following error message 'The systems did not find a valid bill of materials'.

Appreciate your feedback.

Thanks

Regards

Kenneth

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth Chong

Let me advise you something that please don't make it your habit to ask everything from others. Try to work on your own and depend less on others. This is for your own good and I hope you won't mind it if I tell you that if you search in Google with text 'The systems did not find a valid bill of materials, you would find a lot of links and I am sure there will be your answer in anyone of those links.

Thank$

RicardoCirilo
Participant
0 Kudos

Dude, the higher level is not TAN, leave it blank and try again. The problem you have relies on this screen. It is a bit tricky but just use the logic, higher level is the material that will perform the subitems once you place it at the sales order.

Hope it helps, you are very close to fix it.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The message clearly shows that you didnt assign item categories correctly. I am not seeing any combination of ZMST ERLA and item caegory. Maintain ZMST ERLA TAN and then check. We have to maintain one combination without BOM as well.

For details you can check this below document.

Thank$

0 Kudos

Hi

I have maintain the following entries as recommened under transaction VOV4, and its still gicing me the same error message.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Don't maintain it like this. You have to maintain one combination without higher level item as well. Just maintain ZMST in sale order type, ERLA in item category grp field and TAN in defualt item category field and check.

Thank$