cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC AC 10.0 End User Logon: Password Field missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

can somebody tell me, why my End User Logon Page does not Display the Password field?

I thought the visibility of the Password filed is controlled by the customizing activity Access Control>Maintain Data Sources Configuration.

My understand was End User Verification=NO (means Password field invisible)  or YES (means Password field visible).

It is set currently on YES, but as you can see the Password field will not be displayed?!

Here the settings of all10 Services:

This issue refers to our PRD System.

on TST and DEV the Password field is visible with the same configurations.

any suggesstions?

Thanks in advance

regards

Edgar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edgar,

Seems it is hidden in PRD through SE80 by opening application in admin mode.

BR,

Mangesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mangesh,

the application is on PRD like it is on TST/DEV.

The Password field is no set as invisible, it is linked with a binding (SAP Standard):

It's weird the Password field will not be displayed, because it was displayed before I imported a transport request (only changed the sequences of the data sources configuration).

any suggesstions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi edgar,

sometimes it happesn really wierd, Try Putting YES again in End user verification even if it is YES there and save it.

If that does not work then check the end user logon in SAP-CONFIG-MODE = X

Thanks and Regards

Ankit sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

I re-entered YES for End User Verification --> so success

I checked End User Logon in SAP-CONFIG-MODE=X --> identical to DEV/TST ("invisible" is not marked)

...why is the Password field displayed on DEV/TST, but not PRD???

any suggesstions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Sometime this happens Because of PSS. Check in Connector settings if PSS check box is checked or not. If PSS is checked then End user logon will not ask password and If PSS is not checked then Password box will appear.

Hope it will work..

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for the ECC Systems, the PSS check box is marked.

But on all GRC Systems (DEV, TST, PRD) the check boxes are marked for th ECC Systems.

Uncheck them does not make sense at all, because the end user should be able to reset their Passwords for the ECC Systems...

I created a SAP message because of this issue, but any support is higly appreciated

regards

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edgar,

As per your above screen all the setting seems good.

I replicated the scenario and hope with following the below steps you will be able to get the password screen.

1. Please maintain the User Authentication Data source manually in Production ( Do not transport)

2. First change the End user verification to No then save and test the service once. here password option will not appear.

3. Now again go to User authentication data and select the connector line and then double click the end user verification and change the option to Yes and save and test the service.

Hope this will work.

Thanks

Bhupinder Singh Arora

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Edgar,

I'm facing the same issue and would be great if you are able to share the resolution. I wanted to check with you before raising a message with SAP and seeking their help.

My issue is that although I see the password field it accepts any password.

I have reviewed multiple threads on this subject but none them have provided any solution.

Thanks, Janantik.

former_member197694
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Joshi,

This issue will comes when settings are stored in database base table GRACUSERSOURCE

To  overcome this issue

please refer the Bhupinder Singh Arora comments and follow the steps

2037114 - GRAC End USer Logon Link not displaying Password Field.

Regards

Baithi