cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0FI_GL_10 and BWOM2_TIMEST

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I did init delta with data transfer for 0fi_gl_10 and loaded successive deltas successfully. The deltas are bringing records but when i checked table BWOM2_TIMEST which maintains time stamp for 0fi_gl_10, i do not find any entry.

How ever when i clicked the generic pointer in RSA& for data source 0fi_gl_10 i can see the last successful load time stamp as below. Why cant is ee the timestamp in BWOM2_TIMEST table ? How can i resolve this and what is the error.? Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Basically all FI-CO data sources we can split into two categories. They are

1) Data sources with Delta based on "Numeric Pointer"

2) Data Sources with Delta based on "Timestamp".

We  can check data source properties in RSA2 t-code.

Time stamp information would store on ROOSGENDLM table for  Data Sources with Delta based on "Timestamp".

Data sources with Delta based on "Numeric Pointer" will use BWOM_SETTINGS table parameters to fetch delta data and store the data sources delta information in BWOM2_TIMEST table.

So its stndard setting there is no error. So dont worry.

Thanks

CM

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member197610
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mohammed,

There is no restriction. It depends on the users how frequently they want to see the new/refreshed data.

We are running twice a day and during the month end closures we run adhoc delta loads manually whenever user wants the data to be refreshed.

Hope this helps..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I agree with Suresh , It depends on user needs . We used to load daily but during month ends we run twice and adhoc basis .

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you please let me know if there is restriction to no. of delta loads we can make for 0fi_gl_10 in a day.

Thanks a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you have used 0fi_gl_10 datasource. Can you let me know how many times a day i can run the delta for this datasource. Is there limitation on running no. of deltas for this datasource.

Thanks a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

The delta in ROOSGENDLM at ecc and RSSDLINIT in BW match.

@raman, @suresh and @chandramouli: Thanks a lot for clearing my doubts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you please help me with this.

Thank you.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Above screen shot is from Prod? if yes then please compare with dev and qua.

first data source is standard one?

Actually for standard data sources we never get that option(pointer for generic) which you got that pop up.

So there is something wrong at RSA7.

Can you recheck RSA7 and see that pointer option for which data source have.

Pointer for generic option will come for only custom/generic data sources.

Thanks

former_member197610
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mohammed,

Check in the table  RSSDLINIT in BW side, it will show you the Init State, Status, Init Selection Data and Time stamp of the last initialization. It also has the last delta timestamp which will match with your RSA7 last delta timestamp.

Check in your  info package scheduler option in BW side , it will match.

And Ramajaneyulu,

Status column in RSA7 "Pointer for Generic Delta" does show as Generic Delta:Current status for GL10 and 14 datasource even though it is standard. You can check in your system.

Hope this helps...

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi suresh,

Thanks for your information.

Actually am using FI GL 6 and 4 only. if you used figl 10 or 14.

please can you share the RSA7 screen.

That can give more clarification.

Thanks

former_member197610
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sure,

Here you go!

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you suresh.

former_member197610
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You Welcome!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I assume that you have done a Re-Initialization process which  was successful , am i right . So now you have your full loads and deltas running fine everyday ?

Provided your INIT process and deltas are running fine , dont worry much about the Time stamp Table "BWOM2_TIMES".

If This table , has the  Init Timestamp details and your deltas are running successfully and the  data is available in Cube /DSO then nothing to be worried .

If suppose your loads are not successful or deltas are not coming through in BW  then in that case your INITIALZATION procedure wasn't successful . You need to Re-INIT again .

Let me know your findings ?

Thanks

Zeenath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zeenath,

Thank you for your valuable comments. Yes i have initialized and re-initialized the datsources and delta is running fine.

I am not facing problem as such right now. The concern is(correct me if am wrong) The financials data sources like 0fi_gl_10, 0fi_ar_4, 0fi_ap_4 take the timestamp from BWOM2_TIMEST during intialization and delta for synchronization of data from all the three datasources.

so if i initialized the datasource 0fi_gl_10 and then when i initialize 0fi_ar_4, then 0fi_ar_4 takes the timestamp from table BWOM2_TIMEST for being in synchronization with 0fi_gl_10. In my case there are no entries in BWOM2_TIMEST.

When no entries in BWOM2_TIMEST then how will 0fi_ar_4 get initialized and the delta will function.BWOM2_TIMEST.

I have DELTAID maintained in ROOSGENDLM for datasource 0fi_gl_10. I am confused please help.

former_member183012
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please check table ROOSGENDLM  for your datasource.

Regards,

Ganesh Bothe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ganesh,

I can see the entry in table ROOSGENDLM for 0fi_gl_10.

What next?